Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: post spawn here in north carolina

Post Thanks / Like

Default post spawn here in north carolina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nE4mx9ytg&t=410s been tough this year low water one week flooding the next.has it been this way nation wide.?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about "nationwide" .... but, we've had flood conditions at some of our lakes from March to May, with the cold weather conditions pushing right up against the normal spawning period, & then instant Summer heat making the water temps too warm too quick for much of a spawn to have time to take place.

Pushing jigs at 12-15ft deep in 82-85deg water @ 1.1mph was the ticket on my last trip. And out of the 29 that I kept, 27 were females with partial egg sacs with eggs of varying coloration. They should have been spawned out by the end of April & already starting to develop a small egg sac for next Spring's spawn .... NOT still carrying leftovers in the middle of JUNE

For me, it hasn't so much been "tough" to catch fish ... just tough to have a day where conditions were at least mildly favorable to fish in. It's either thunderstorms & high winds or high 80's to low 90's & bluebird skies, neither of which I find to be pleasant fishing conditions.
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post