Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Turtle Creek:::

Post Thanks / Like

Default Turtle Creek:::

How soon can we start catching them on Turtle Creek, weather permiting ? Years ago, I fished it in mid March and limited out. Wondering if any of you syart fishing it earlier than that. :
    Ledhed

Post Thanks / Like

Should be able to catch them year round if they allow fishing on that lake year round. Crappie can be caught even in Dec. If only you can handle the cold. I hate cold fingers and toes so I don't fish too much in the winter time. Been trying to figure a way to keep warm so I can do some winter fishing. I guess you might want to call the power company that runs that place and see if you can fish there earlier. How big were the crappie that you caught there last March?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    How soon can we start catching them on Turtle Creek, weather permiting ? Years ago, I fished it in mid March and limited out. Wondering if any of you syart fishing it earlier than that. :
    Ledhed
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default years ago

I bass fished that lake about 15 years ago and always wondered about crappie fishing Turtle Creek??
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Moose:
    It's probably been 15yrs since I fished it. At that time it was full of good crappie. I've heard since that they are no longer in there .I can't believe that they all been caught . I'm hoping someone will log on thats fished it more recently.
    Ledhed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tc

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Moose:
    It's probably been 15yrs since I fished it. At that time it was full of good crappie. I've heard since that they are no longer in there .I can't believe that they all been caught . I'm hoping someone will log on thats fished it more recently.
    Ledhed
    Can't speak for the crappie fishing, but I've heard good stories from a few guys over the past couple years. Makes me think some are still around. As for when, I have a couple friends who have been there in the last week for bass, so the lake is open to fishing now if you want to head that way.

-Team9

Post Thanks / Like

I did see some good reports of bass fishing at Turtle Creek about a week ago when it was warmer outside. Rattle traps and spinnerbaits were catching 4 to 9 lb bass. No reports of any crappie being from there yet.