HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plum Crazy and Wild

Post Thanks / Like

Default Plum Crazy and Wild

So it begins and my bud says lets try a new lake . He says we need to start early and I agree since I have only about half a day to be gone and its 1.5 hours from home . I roll up to his place that's about 45 minutes from my house at 6 15 like he says . Him and snoopy are sleeping so hard I cant wake them banging on the windows or doors and his phone is turned off as well !
    Well after I sit about another 20 minutes in the driveway here comes snoop dog and he don't even bark at me anymore , just wags his tail and goes about what he came out to do . Finally mister Tex comes out looking rough and says bud I am so sorry I overslept .
    I said no worries the deer left the viewing area about 15 minutes ago from your yard and the sun is coming on fast lets hit the road .
    I warn him a few times the Texas Parks and Wildlife website says there are virtually no crappie in the lake he wants to visit . He says lets try it anyway and I think to myself we are just Plum Crazy to go look for crappie in almost no crappie lake . Well we finally get there about 8 30 am and its flat beautiful and ONLY one boat on it ! I think uh oh wrong lake , but none the less snoopy and I are excited to go boating . We proceed to slowly graph the lake and its pretty small so it don't take long to look around it some . Looks like maximum depths run around 60 foot deep and its flat out FULL of timber and small bass as we stopped a few times to drop a jig here and there . Lots of boulders and drop offs and cover that just beautiful . The biggest issue we find is a lack of fish! We find no bait schools and isolated fish on timber and struggle around careful of the monster oak trees that are close to the surface in many areas.
    We amble along here and there just viewing pretty cover and then low and behold a SCHOOL of fish ? Looks balled up like crappie ,but not actually on the cover ? We stop and drop and after 2 hours of not much it begins . We get bit every drop for about 30 minutes and then POOF they are gone . Nothing large , but pretty healthy looking white crappie and we smile a bit knowing we just about got it handed to us . I say good bye to him shortly there after and head home and he stays . Tells me after I after I left he found a monster school of them right off the boat ramp on a drop off and it was much the same as what we found , no size but he did find big numbers of them .
    So yes I think sometimes we are Plum Crazy to go at em like this when its said they aint in there in any numbers ,but hey it was fun and the day was right nice and in the end we found them lost crappie in a lake called lost creek .....
    hope you enjoy the read and photos
    P.S. and yes the wild plums are ready along the roadside as well
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks jackie53 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a fun morning!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

Heck yeah! Smaller fish beats no fish anytime. Looks like yall had a pretty good time after all.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good times

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I need to edit all my typos and apologize for such poor proof reading ....
    Can’t figure out how to edit it though ....sorry ...
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Is this a legal document or aahh feeshn report.....

Ooohhhhok..... proof read

Good catchn and that Solix sure draws some purdy pichers ......
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    I need to edit all my typos and apologize for such poor proof reading ....
    Can’t figure out how to edit it though ....sorry ...
    All "editing" must be done within 30mins of submitting the post, otherwise you are locked out and only a Mod can edit it. We don't have any "grammar police" on duty, so don't worry about typos

Post Thanks / Like

Default Plum Crazy and Wild

Sometimes a lake needs a “ “rod check”

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Good post and pictures. I wonder what factors are in place that is keeping their size down and for Texas Parks and Wildlife to believe crappie are non- existent?
    Pass the "Sportsman Baton" on before you're gone, promote values for others to hunt and fish upon.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Ketchn, is that chart shot side view? If so, how do you get it so clear? My Helix 10 will not do that.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast