Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Culling rule

Post Thanks / Like

Default Culling rule

There is a lot of confusion going on about culling rules. I called DNR and asked them if there is a regulation on the books regarding culling. Unless involved in and "organized fishing tournament" you are not allowed to replace fish already in livewell with a larger fish. This has been on the books for some time but has not been put where fishing public is aware that rule exists.

Hope this clears the issue up some.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger375
    There is a lot of confusion going on about culling rules. I called DNR and asked them if there is a regulation on the books regarding culling. Unless involved in and "organized fishing tournament" you are not allowed to replace fish already in livewell with a larger fish. This has been on the books for some time but has not been put where fishing public is aware that rule exists.

Hope this clears the issue up some.
    Wonder how many other states have that same rule that nobody knows about?
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Probably lots of regulations that we don't have knowledge of if I was a betting man.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Wardy Guest

It makes sense when you figure in stress and pulling them off the beds. This also deters someone from tossing a shorty or over limit when the boogie man shows up.

Tournements are granted this priviledge based on the fact most fish are released after the weigh in. A case could be made because they could also "cull" a dead one for a live one...
    Last edited by Wardy; 01-28-2005 at 09:25 AM.