HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: taylorsville tomorrow 6/7/18

Post Thanks / Like

Default taylorsville tomorrow 6/7/18

going in the morning could you guys please tell me my best bet as in how to fish , should i continue spider rigging, switch to trolling cranks, or just hit the banks any help appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Default taylorsville tomorrow 6/7/18

My wife and I went out there today. We didn't land anything until 11am, and had hit quite a few spots. I finally found them in timber in 15ish FOW. They started to hit black/chartreuse plastics very well. Landed a bunch of barely shorts, but only one keeper. On the way out I talked to a few people at the ramp, who reported that the bite had been poor today and yesterday. Still had a good time, and the weather was gorgeous.
    Eric
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it went up to 5ft over Pool and they're pulling it hard, so I wouldn't expect the "close to the banks" fishing to be very good right now. Sounds right that they'd be hanging around the vertical timber. I've never cranked Taylorsville for Crappie, so I can't offer anything there ... though I have caught Crappie while trolling cranks for Hybrids. There's certainly enough Shad in the lake to offer some good cranking opportunities ... if you know of some areas that don't have a lot of submerged timber to snag on.

As of the report from 5/28 (COE temp/O2 chart) ... it looks like the lake is trying to set up a thermocline at around 10ft, but I'd have to see a more current chart to quantify that, since the 5ft rise and them pulling it ~1ft/day can change things.

Post Thanks / Like

Was there vertical jigging last week, tons of short fish with a few keepers. Switched to long lining and brought 3 short of a limit home. The drum and saugeye chased my around all day.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944
    Likes GREENFISH LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    Yeah, it went up to 5ft over Pool and they're pulling it hard, so I wouldn't expect the "close to the banks" fishing to be very good right now. Sounds right that they'd be hanging around the vertical timber. I've never cranked Taylorsville for Crappie, so I can't offer anything there ... though I have caught Crappie while trolling cranks for Hybrids. There's certainly enough Shad in the lake to offer some good cranking opportunities ... if you know of some areas that don't have a lot of submerged timber to snag on.

As of the report from 5/28 (COE temp/O2 chart) ... it looks like the lake is trying to set up a thermocline at around 10ft, but I'd have to see a more current chart to quantify that, since the 5ft rise and them pulling it ~1ft/day can change things.
    could that be the reason both my finders show an almost constant line at 10 ft in a lot of places its not everywhere on the lake but a lot sorry if this question is dumb lol

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dannyr3_8 View Post
    could that be the reason both my finders show an almost constant line at 10 ft in a lot of places its not everywhere on the lake but a lot sorry if this question is dumb lol
    Not a dumb question at all .... and yes, they could very well be showing you the quick change in water temps at that level.

The thermocline at Taylorsville usually sets up at around 15-17ft ... but, with the longer cold season it is possible that the lower level water temps haven't been raised as quickly as they normally would be. The "dirty water" aspect of the heavy rains & flooding might also have raised the upper water level temps, while shielding the water temps below those levels.

Mind you, this is just ME reasoning things out from the readings of the COE chart, which is taken at the dam ... so don't credit me with any special understanding.
    Thanks dannyr3_8 thanked you for this post