HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rainbow Trout Fishing - Rock Bridge, Mo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rainbow Trout Fishing - Rock Bridge, Mo

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post a video with my highlights from a rainbow trout fishing trip to Rock Bridge, Mo. This is probably the 5th trip I've made there and this was by far the best action. I decided to bring my GoPro along with me this time and capture the action. I realize there are many improvements to be made when capturing footage for the video, which will hopefully be improved upon in subsequent attempts!

All fish were between 2-4 lbs, with the one attached being the biggest. I used Joe's Flies short striker flies for the first time and they were incredible. I removed the trail treble hook and just used the single hook. Unfortunately, the hook straightened out about halfway through the day, but was able to be bent back to shape with no issues. Let me know if you have any questions and I'm happy to give more info!

Name:  trout fishing.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  130.7 KB
    Likes SpeckledSlab LIKED above post
    Thanks Marvin thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  trout.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  178.6 KB
    Likes Marvin, SpeckledSlab LIKED above post

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job ! That’s some good eating covered with butter/ garlic rolled in foil cooked on the grill
    Too blessed to be stressed!
    Likes CKsLifeBelow, SpeckledSlab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slabprowler View Post
    Good job ! That’s some good eating covered with butter/ garlic rolled in foil cooked on the grill
    Agreed, throwing the fillets on the Big Green Egg is our favorite method by far. Typically we rub the fleshy side down with blackening seasoning and grill them skin-side down. I'll give your method a try next time!
    Likes SpeckledSlab, Slabprowler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Makes ones mouth water and lips smack when you talk about a Big Green Egg foil pack or seasoned to black. lol Thanks for the post, pics, and cooking styles.
    Pass the "Sportsman Baton" on before you're gone, promote values for others to hunt and fish upon.

Post Thanks / Like

is this place a private pay place? looks like a lot of fun and congrats on a great day.