PDA

View Full Version : Slab Sauce poll

ccm
06-03-2018, 08:19 PM
OK, I going to buy some Slab Sauce. My question...."Original" or "Garlic"?

Thanks

shipahoy41
06-03-2018, 08:27 PM
Garlic for me.

Erin Brewer
06-03-2018, 09:18 PM
Just buy both they both work! Garlic smells delicious tho lol

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

hayman
06-03-2018, 10:23 PM
I just bought 4 bottles from Amazon of the regular and I have not been able to use it as I just received it Saturday. Included was a letter of thanks from crappie.com so here I am. I actually first saw "slab sauce " on a YouTube video and the guy was catching fish so I figured why not. :biggrin

broharrell
06-03-2018, 10:28 PM
Welcome hayman!

hayman
06-03-2018, 10:35 PM
Thank you! I will definitely be visiting the site wheather I post or not.

Rockhitter
06-03-2018, 10:43 PM
I had the same question. Look forward to the replies back. I wonder if the formulations are the same with just the addition of garlic to one of them or are they totally different.

Slabprowler
06-03-2018, 11:08 PM
It a no brainer for me! I keep both in my boat and have had times where they would hit the one but not the other or vise versa And a trip or two neither ! so I’m going to spend the xtra 5 bucks and keep one of each on had it cost me more than 5 bucks just to get to the lake! Stay prepared they will definitely keep the shunk at bay

"G"
06-04-2018, 05:27 AM
I had the same question. Look forward to the replies back. I wonder if the formulations are the same with just the addition of garlic to one of them or are they totally different.
The two are the same...only difference is the "G" sauce has some garlic oil added to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

shipahoy41
06-04-2018, 05:39 AM
I just bought 4 bottles from Amazon of the regular and I have not been able to use it as I just received it Saturday. Included was a letter of thanks from crappie.com so here I am. I actually first saw "slab sauce " on a YouTube video and the guy was catching fish so I figured why not. :biggrin

Welcome from Alabama. The guy you were watching was probably "Richard Gene the fishing machine."

Ketchn
06-04-2018, 06:13 AM
G sauce is my go to at this point .....but its a confidence thing to some degree as I smell it on the jig .....and I know crappie like garlic as well ....
the original worked for me as well though so its a toss up I guess

need2befishin
06-04-2018, 10:27 AM
Thank you! I will definitely be visiting the site wheather I post or not.

Jump on in, the water is fine...You can't beat the folks on this site. Years and years of knowledge shared within the pages of cdc. The best part is it's "safe for the whole family" so from kids to grandparents we can enjoy the site without fear of seeing things they shouldn't.

FurFlyin
06-04-2018, 11:12 AM
Neither one of them tastes very good, but the G sauce leaves much more of an aftertaste.

Slab
06-05-2018, 03:53 PM
Jump on in, the water is fine...You can't beat the folks on this site. .....The best part is it's "safe for the whole family" so from kids to grandparents we can enjoy the site without fear of seeing things they shouldn't.

So very true. Hard to find on the internet these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

bandchaser
06-07-2018, 08:18 AM
Neither, just keep plenty of Pico crankbaits on hand! Nuff said...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

blueball
06-07-2018, 09:05 AM
Havent used slab sauce,but if i used a scent it will be garlic

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

scrat
06-09-2018, 05:49 PM
SlabSauce So fa will try some "G" SlabSauce when I run out and need to stock up again.:highfive

Redge
06-09-2018, 06:37 PM
Havenít tried the Garlic, but the original works!!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

hayman
06-10-2018, 11:38 AM
Welcome from Alabama. The guy you were watching was probably "Richard Gene the fishing machine."

Yes Richard Gene is the one I saw using slabsauce. My son and I love watching him. He's a real fisherman as he fishes for all types unlike many that are on tv now. He's my kind of fisherman.

bandchaser
06-11-2018, 11:00 AM
Yes Richard Gene is the one I saw using slabsauce. My son and I love watching him. He's a real fisherman as he fishes for all types unlike many that are on tv now. He's my kind of fisherman.So, I just have to ask, what might you mean if you only focus you efforts towards just one species??

Slab
06-11-2018, 10:13 PM
Ainít nothing wrong with multi species fishermen at all. And ainít nothing wrong with focusing on one species. And youíre right, most on tv do focus on one species, likely cause theyíre targeting a specific audience. Iíd like to add that I enjoy crappie fishing so much because you usually do catch other species too. I love the anticipation of not always knowing whatís gonna pop up out of the water.

blueball
06-11-2018, 10:17 PM
So, I just have to ask, what might you mean if you only focus you efforts towards just one species??

Sent from my SM-G900V using TapatalkI only focus on one species[emoji4]have it bad[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

hayman
06-12-2018, 12:57 AM
So, I just have to ask, what might you mean if you only focus you efforts towards just one species??

You know, I think that we all focus on a certain species every trip we make but if my target species is not cooperating then I am prepared to change tactics and try another species and catch something rather than go home empty handed. I don't get to fish often enough to always know exactly where to catch crappie which is usually my target species. So I might go targeting crappie but I might end up catching bream, catfish, bass, or stripe. To each their own but this is what I like doing. Nothing wrong with either targeting single or multiple species.

shipahoy41
06-12-2018, 06:00 AM
Ainít nothing wrong with multi species fishermen at all. And ainít nothing wrong with focusing on one species. And youíre right, most on tv do focus on one species, likely cause theyíre targeting a specific audience. Iíd like to add that I enjoy crappie fishing so much because you usually do catch other species too. I love the anticipation of not always knowing whatís gonna pop up out of the water.

Many "TV fishermen will target a Specific audience, a specific brand, a certain species, and/or certain sponsors whose lures will catch those species of fish. It seems like they are more interested in "Pushing product" or have to mention a "Brand name" every other word instead of helping you catch fish on the waters that you fish. Roland Martin was good at "Pushing Product." Richard Gene is great at just being a down to earth fisherman who is tying to educate you along the way.

lvoorhies
06-12-2018, 06:39 AM
Has anyone ever tried using the sauce on crankbaits? If so did it work for you and how often did you have to apply it?

2boatjoe
06-12-2018, 07:00 AM
Has anyone ever tried using the sauce on crankbaits? If so did it work for you and how often did you have to apply it?

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.comI know I have read on here not sure who it was but said he did and reapplied every 30 min so I would say he said it helped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

"G"
06-12-2018, 07:14 AM
Yes it works on crankbaits....re apply every 20 minutes is what I did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

bandchaser
06-12-2018, 10:31 AM
Yes it works on crankbaits....re apply every 20 minutes is what I did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)Roland Martin pushing product again, LMBO!!!!! ;)

Smile G!

"G"
06-12-2018, 10:33 AM
Roland Martin pushing product again, LMBO!!!!! ;)

Smile G!

OK :biggrin

"G"
06-12-2018, 10:39 AM

Jamesdean
06-12-2018, 11:03 AM
In the poll I marked original as that is what was available when I bought my first bottle. I have since bought another original and the garlic, but due to injuries haven't had a chance to try the garlic. my change my mind in the future....but I know the original works for Crappie, Bass, Bream/Brim, and Catfish as I have caught all of these with Slab Sauce, where I had fished before with out a nibble while others were catching fish in the same area...hoping to get back to the water soon.

mighty
06-14-2018, 09:20 PM

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)G you gone have to teach me that one day.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

ccm
06-19-2018, 06:32 PM
I'm the OP and want to thank all of you who offered your opinion. The poll is so close to 50/50 so I ordered a bottle of regular and garlic.

Thanks again

Charlie