Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Almost Time!

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Almost Time!

For crankin on Twain! Pops installed the rack the other night and is getting the rig prepped for crankin season..........maiden voyage this weekend I believe. Will report back with his findings.

Name:  IMG_3780.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  74.4 KB

Closer shot shows the smaller string of metal for hanging cranks when you switch them out. And yes, those are bells for the rod tips......helpful for getting attention if pulling solo or if one is digging through the cooler for a frosty. Also picked up some of the mini-planers from Offshore and will be giving them a test run soon.

Name:  IMG_3783.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  57.2 KB

Love this time of year. Spawn is over at that means we get our lake back from the weekend warriors.

U
    Likes long poler, hdhntr LIKED above post

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Woo Hoo!!! Go get em boys!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

thats a great setup! I'm with you cant wait to start pulling

A gun, like any other source of power, is a force for either good or evil, being neither in itself, but dependent upon those who possess it
    From an old movie I saw
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Are the bells some how tied to each rod or do they make noise just thru the vibration down from the rod to the rack?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Missouri Bushwhacker View Post
    Are the bells some how tied to each rod or do they make noise just thru the vibration down from the rod to the rack?
    They are just hanging there for storage so they don't get lost. The bells are clipped to the rod between the last two guides once the rod/crank is set out. I honestly gave my dad a lot of $hit about them until we had them on one evening in low light when we couldn't see the rod or line. They work. Guys like to use them catfishing at night also.

U

Post Thanks / Like

I'm especially interested in those mini-planer boards. I've got some of the full sized off-shore w/ tattletale flags for walleye and the flags help out when you got a smaller fish on, but...might be nice to have smaller boards.

Don't know that I'll hook up a whole rack with bells and crank storage, but....looks pretty cool on someone else's boat!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joedog View Post
    I'm especially interested in those mini-planer boards. I've got some of the full sized off-shore w/ tattletale flags for walleye and the flags help out when you got a smaller fish on, but...might be nice to have smaller boards.

Don't know that I'll hook up a whole rack with bells and crank storage, but....looks pretty cool on someone else's boat!
    Will let you know about the mini planers......not sure if he's putting those to the test this weekend or not. We also run the larger offshore's w/ tattle flags up here for walleye and salmon however, have mixed results on the crappie in MO simply because as you say it's sometimes difficult to determine if you have a fish on or not. The mini planers, if they can handle a larger crank, should fit the bill!

The rack goes on about June 1 and comes off once the water cools off in late September/early October. Pops sat down one night at the cabin and drew that rack up.......took it to a friend of his and it was machined/welded by the following weekend.

Haven't put that rack to the test on the salmon up here just yet........sticking with the rod holders you see in the pic.

U
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

We have been experimenting with Opti medium planers for a couple of years. They are more sensitive than the bigger Off Shore boards. It's easier to see smaller fish strikes with them. We've had bigger fish have actually pull them under.
    https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/opti...ductextensions

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast