Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Icey conditons

Post Thanks / Like

Default Icey conditons

captains log star date 5/30/2018 : The local inhabitants seem rather uncooperative and shy , it may very well be due to the icey conditions we have encountered on our recent mission .
    The buds and I hit an after work spot we like and were pretty sure we would ketch us a bunch a crappie fish . We hit some well known locations only to find the fish VERY uncooperative . We could see fish ,but we struggled to ketch said fish . Some spots we never even ketched one fish
    I even tried to relax a bit and see if just settling down some might help get me bit ....NOPE ...
    brushpiles were loaded up nicely and we put very few in our hands after 3 stops, we finally hit deeper open water stuff and got into a few nice fish rather late in the day .but on this particular mission it was just a little and a bit to late .
    The upside of this visit was monster schools of sand bass aka white bass blowing up the water all around us when we went to the deep end . So as often happens we watched it for about an hour and then right before time to head back in we said oh what the heck ......and trolled over and whooped em just for grins for a bit
    not good to have more ice than fish in the ole fish box for sure ....
    but hey the green lights under the transom at dark thirty looked cool at go home time ...lol
    sure hope these here icey conditions don't start to be some kind of trend .....
    and on a side note ....we pitched everything known to mankind at the local inhabitants with multiple juices and ect ect etc
    I rather doubt it was our offerings and tend to think other factors were involved . some say the big moon ....I have not a clue
    just know it wasn't what we expected to find .
    hope you enjoy the photos and read
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Retired2Fish, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great catch under those conditions. The swimming inhabitants of those icy waters knew who their daddy was. LOL.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    Great catch under those conditions. The swimming inhabitants of those icy waters knew who their daddy was. LOL.
    sure was odd , we bought never hit that spot of water and don't flat wear em out this time of year ?
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales