Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Coming to Abilene Where is Best Crappie Fishing

Alaska63 Guest

Default Coming to Abilene Where is Best Crappie Fishing

Coming to Abilene 4/6/07 Checked out info about Hubbard Creek Reservior (is it down 12.6ft?) and Lake Fort Phantom Hill. What would be the best lake to fish and catch crappie - from a boat? Lake Stanford looked a little small. Usually fish Lake Eufala and Texoma in Oklahoma. THANKS for any information,,,,,,,,,,,

Post Thanks / Like

Give Mud-dabber a pm, he lives there.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Well I will tell you one Heck of a good Crappie lake but its by Wichita Falls. Its called Lake Kickapoo. Its a little over 6000 acre lake and mostly a Crappie and Catfish lake. The lake record for black bass is only 5 1/2 pounds so you can tell its not a bass lake. The cabins are small but they are extremely nice. Prices are Great also. If your interested I am attaching more infor to this letter.
    Good Luck and God Bless
    Father of 4

Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Alaska63

Get ready for extremely low water conditions of 10-12 feet low, but it can and has been worse. Small lakes in comparison to what you are used to and very, very muddy especially Lake Stamford. Several of these lakes are surrounded by red clay type cotton fields and thus water clarity is down to less than a foot. Hubbard Creek and Brownwood would be the more clear of any very close. Feel free to send me an email if I can help, the bite is on/off depending on cloudy or sunlight conditions.

Regards,
    Mud-Dabber

[email protected]

Alaska63 Guest

Thanks for the info. Have you fished Hubbard Creek Reservoir for crappie?
    Alaska63