Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Minn Kota Quick Release Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minn Kota Quick Release Question

Does anyone know if the MKA-16-02 Quick Release Bracket will work for my Riptide SP 12V trolling motor?
    The Riptide has the same footprint as the Powerdrive, right?
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 313
Size:  26.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Not the same as the one I bought from Minn Kota for my Riptide 12v 55# thrust.
    Mine has a u shaped pin which connects the part on the boat, and the part on the motor, and can be locked with a separate lock.

Size:  26.5 KB[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    Mine has a u shaped pin which connects the part on the boat, and the part on the motor, and can be locked with a separate lock.

[/QUOTE]

Is this the one you purchased yobuck???
    Quick Release Bracket / MKA-21
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post

[/QUOTE]

I saw the composite one like you're talking about, but I wasn't crazy about it being plastic.
    I had the one (aluminum) in my OP on my last boat, but I had a Powerdrive 55#.
    I may have to get the composite unless I can find out for sure the aluminum one will work.

I'm actually wanting to buy 2 so I can mount one on each of my boats, and swap trolling motors when I need to. I have a 17 ft fiberglass bass boat that Riptide is on now and use it on the lakes. But, I have a skiff that use for the river and small lakes/ponds.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the one you purchased yobuck???
    Quick Release Bracket / MKA-21[/QUOTE]

No, that's not it either, mine is white in color like the motor.
    The larger top part is attached to the motor and is 19" long, and the whole thing is some type of acrylic.
    I cant see the part on the boat without removing the motor, but it is about 12" and the connecting pin is 9 1/4" long.
    It is also heavier gauge with the hole large enough for a standard size padlock, not a small lynch pin like the one you show. As I recall it cost about $90 as a separate item when I bought the motor, which I bought online at a place called the Minn Kota factory store, or maybe Minn Kota factory direct. Anyway I found out later they aren't affiliated with Minn Kota.
    I would call the Minn Kota factory directly, and talk with a tech rep. For sure they can set you straight on any issue you have involving their products.

Post Thanks / Like

Well as for the acrylics, there are different types being used in many applications needing more strength than these things. Although the salt aspect might be involved here also.

I don't see why having just one wouldn't do, with just the boat part made for the second boat. That could easily be fabricated from aluminum, as its nothing but a plate with a couple holes for the connecting pin, and a couple others for screwing it to the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used that second bracket pictured, the MKA-21, for my Riptide ST, and it has been excellent. No issues.

I've also used the aluminum one, and it worked fine, too, but I like the nylon one better, as it goes on and off quickly, and doesn't damage stuff with the sharp corners.

-Tony