Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pole transport questions - rigged on side

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pole transport questions - rigged on side

I have read and looked at hundreds of pictures and reversed engineered a 6 pole holder that will fit in my track system. I have it offset to the side similar to what Drift master sells.

I am using 12' Southern Crappie rods

I am wondering what you guys use to hold them down, do you go out and buy a bungie cord or is there a better mouse trap out there.

Also how comfortable are you running down the road at 65 mph with poles hanging out the side of your boat.

Or do you store poles in boat and then use rigs to hold poles when inside boat.

thanks for any info and help

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_2591.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  118.4 KBName:  IMG_2590.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  112.0 KB
    I made a rack for mine as well and went the bungee route. Works fine rollin down the interstate however fast that may be haha. Especially with 12ft rods. My 16s can get some tip bounce if they aren’t positioned right

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoe View Post
    I have read and looked at hundreds of pictures and reversed engineered a 6 pole holder that will fit in my track system. I have it offset to the side similar to what Drift master sells.

I am using 12' Southern Crappie rods

I am wondering what you guys use to hold them down, do you go out and buy a bungie cord or is there a better mouse trap out there.

Also how comfortable are you running down the road at 65 mph with poles hanging out the side of your boat.

Or do you store poles in boat and then use rigs to hold poles when inside boat.

thanks for any info and help
    Mine have the bungee type cord and work fine rolling dow the interstate at 70mph.Sometimes i tie the tips of all the poles together to help with them flopping around on a long trip.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I second that. Tie the tips so they dont bounce as bad. Strength in numbers. I ran the driftmaster set off the side of my boat for 3 years and never had an issue.......except the time I didnt bungee them down.......
    Quote Originally Posted by blueball View Post
    Mine have the bungee type cord and work fine rolling dow the interstate at 70mph.Sometimes i tie the tips of all the poles together to help with them flopping around on a long trip.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If you got southern crappie rods it don't matter much. I had a home made transport rack and 4 14' southerns. Left lake one day bungeed rods in rack with reels to front. Drove approx 90 miles home. When I turned into driveway, I noticed something behind boat. My front rack, with reel end of rods still tied in had broken off the boat. The rod tips were still tied in the rear rack. The rods were bent back to about a 45* to boat. Don't know how far I had drug them down highway. Only damage was, the rod handles are about 1" shorter. Tough rods!!
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pictures and replies, heading out for bungie cords.

we are super hot today, might try night spider rigging

Post Thanks / Like

a lot of good ideas.