Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: stalkin w/GrandDad and the Kid...

Post Thanks / Like

Default stalkin w/GrandDad and the Kid...

Well, I was thouroughly entertained last night. Stephen made his GrandDad go with us for a night stalk and we had a blast. Stephen had to get GrandDad lined out on just exactly how we do things, apparently not knowing that GrandDad has caught more crappie than any other two humans that I know of. We had pretty steady action all night and I found myself mainly watching my son and my Father-in-Law interact and enjoy each other.
    Finally at about 1:00 Stephen announces that he just wants one more, so there was now a quiet competition to see just who was gonna boat the final fish. I'm pretty sure all three of us was hoping it would be Stephen. Bout that time, GrandDad bends down and starts sneakin up on the pole on his right...then bam, he tries to rip the lips off of one. While stevo is searching for the net, which he is standing on for the 20th time of the night, GrandDad notices that one of Stephen's poles has the line stretched out a little far to be the minnow. Bam, Stephen does his best GrandDad immitation and suddenly we're dealin with a two-fer. After boating both fish, we had a dilemma, Stephen only wanted one more, so Grandad told him he had to throw "his" crappie back...while they argued and laughed at each other I gathered gear and started prepping the boat for take-off...and they both looked at me like I had lost my mind. They then gently reminded me that there's no way you can pick up and leave on a double. Oops. My bad...We called it a night about a half an hour later. Quite a memorable trip.
    Polar Kraft 1571 DB
    Mercury 25 hp 4-Stroke

Post Thanks / Like

Thats an awesome pic and a great stroy.That memory will last a liftime for all of you.Congrats

Post Thanks / Like

That is a good story, nice pic too. Your doing good DAD!!!

Gonefission
    Bill

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm like HotRod. That is a great story and I just love the picture. Somehow, Father's Day comes to mind when I read and saw all that

Hope you share MORE with us!:D
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

thats what fishin is really about....great pic !
    Duane