PDA

View Full Version : Roosevelt Lake, AZ

Piscolli
03-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Saturday we had the first meeting of the Arizona Crappie Association at Rosey. The weather was awesome and the meeting went great. After that a bunch of us went out and fished the night bite under lights and then back out in the morning. Due to a recent storm front the bite was slow but I did manage to nail this lil girl. 2lbs 13ozs

GRIZZ
03-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Wow! What an awesome fish. Great pic too. I keep hearing more and more of the great crappies you guys have in Arizona. I see a few Arizona lake on best crappie lakes lists. I might have to come visit next winter. Some article I read recently said that crappies have the fastest growing rate there than anywhere else in the country. It was in In-Fisherman.

Mud-Dabber
03-26-2007, 03:22 PM
I used to fish San Carlos when stationed at Ft. Huachuca. We used to catch some monster crappie while bass fishing on plastic worms. Actually fished with beetle spins and crappie jigs once and it was unbelievable fishing. At that time, virtually untapped.

Regards,
Mud-Dabber

Piscolli
03-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Grizz, we have 5 lakes within a 2 hour drive that are world class. Come out some time brother!

M D, those San Carlos slab are something else, 3 lbers all the time. A few years ago we thought we may lose all of them as the lake was in bad shape. But its rebounded now and the crappie are crackin again.

superdave1984
03-26-2007, 03:31 PM
I watched a DVD on Crappie fishing by In-Fisherman. I think they said they were on Roosevelt for some of it. Somewhere in AZ. Anyway, they hauled in fish so fat it looked like they swallowed a tennis ball.

Piscolli
03-26-2007, 04:00 PM
I watched a DVD on Crappie fishing by In-Fisherman. I think they said they were on Roosevelt for some of it. Somewhere in AZ. Anyway, they hauled in fish so fat it looked like they swallowed a tennis ball.

Al from In-Fisherman comes here every April and fishes Rosey.

Jumping Cholla Jigs
03-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Nice fish Bill, I'm guessing that one came on Sunday? Did you notice the eggs are not developed yet? You should start making plans for Aprils full moon. How about making it a club party?

Who does your hair.... LOL

sosowingshooter
03-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Man, what a pig of a fish. Someday that'll be me grinnin like that.

CrappieTexan
03-26-2007, 05:54 PM
What a wall hanger.... bring a few of em to Texas....congrat.
Good fishing.............

wrwest
03-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Bill that is one nice slab ya got there. Good going. Ya got me thinking about coming over to AZ and do a little fishing. I'm next door in CAL.

Piscolli
03-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Bill that is one nice slab ya got there. Good going. Ya got me thinking about coming over to AZ and do a little fishing. I'm next door in CAL.

You should! I'm a native Californian myself (Fairfield), been in AZ since 1990. Alamo lake is maybe 50 mile or so from the CA/ AZ border and it world class.

Bob, she was bustin with eggs, more than I've ever seen but not quit ready. If they don't spawn on the next moon their going to explode. I still think May for most of them.

And thanks to all you guys. Come out here and get some of these AZ Slabs! And try the Jumping Cholla Jigs, they're AWESOME!

bugman
03-27-2007, 06:24 AM
I had a trip planned to come out and fish San Carlos and Roosevelt 3 years ago when my brother lived out there but everything got screwed up a few days before i left....now i see what i missed....wow!!!

9-11alwaysremember
03-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Hows it going bill, i just registered on this site today, just a few more days till the second annual crappiethong, cant wait!!!!!!!!!!