HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help

My mellinium shade tree came today. The set screws for the seat post is nowhere near long enough to tighten. They advertise this thing to fit any seat pos. Am I doin something wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Here’s a pic Name:  IMG_0410.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  80.0 KBName:  IMG_0411.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  115.8 KB

Post Thanks / Like

No, you aren’t doing anything wrong. They were designed mainly for the 1.77 pedestal. 1 1/2 inch pedestals require a little longer bolt.
    **** Click my Logo for products and ordering info****
    Likes "G" LIKED above post
    Thanks murdok thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I’ll just pick up two longer screws

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would cut a short section of PVC and shim it. If it is a little too big for the hole, cut it vertical and remove enough for it to fit. Real easy fix.Thin wall or thick wall, one of em has to do the job.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I got my shade tree in the other day and had the exact same issue as the OP. I did take a 1 1/2" piece of sched 40 pcv and cut it to the length of the shade tree assembly that goes over the seat pedestal.

I then cut about a 3/8" strip out of the pcv so that it would collapse and fit into the shadetree unit.

Then finally on the opposite side of the pcv from the cut out I drilled two 1/2" holes that lined up with the lockdown bolts that contact the pedestal. This way the "shim" is trapped between and by the bolts and will stay in place and properly aligned.

This made the shadetree fit the smaller diameter pedestal perfectly. You still need longer bolts but the force is distributed perfectly around the entire unit just like designed to do with the larger pedestal.

I also had to modify the lower section of my "beach umbrella" to be able to use the bushing but that was not hard to do either.

This is my first Millennium Marine product and looks to be well made and in my application I think will be hard to beat and still use an umbrella!

For the adjustability provided and what looks to be top shelf construction is very reasonably priced and I can see me buying more of their products in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vfourmax View Post
    I got my shade tree in the other day and had the exact same issue as the OP. I did take a 1 1/2" piece of sched 40 pcv and cut it to the length of the shade tree assembly that goes over the seat pedestal.

I then cut about a 3/8" strip out of the pcv so that it would collapse and fit into the shadetree unit.

Then finally on the opposite side of the pcv from the cut out I drilled two 1/2" holes that lined up with the lockdown bolts that contact the pedestal. This way the "shim" is trapped between and by the bolts and will stay in place and properly aligned.

This made the shadetree fit the smaller diameter pedestal perfectly. You still need longer bolts but the force is distributed perfectly around the entire unit just like designed to do with the larger pedestal.

I also had to modify the lower section of my "beach umbrella" to be able to use the bushing but that was not hard to do either.

This is my first Millennium Marine product and looks to be well made and in my application I think will be hard to beat and still use an umbrella!

For the adjustability provided and what looks to be top shelf construction is very reasonably priced and I can see me buying more of their products in the future.
    Could you post a pic?

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944