Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night Fishing Tips

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night Fishing Tips

This has been my first year focusing on just targeting crappie and with the help I have received here has helped me consistently find crappie in water temps from 45 degrees to the current 78 degrees it is now. Prior to this season, I just fish whatever is biting that day. So this was quite a change. I still catfish in the summer, but hopefully what I have learned this spring will translate to success in the Fall. I would love to enter my first tournament. So, thanks to everyone who helped. Now to my question. With water temperatures rising and crappie heading off into the deep abyss, I want to get out late in the evening and fish overnight. I have a couple green submersible lights. My question is, when choosing a spot at night to deploy lights in 80 plus degree water, where do you setup? I am in central NC between two decent crappie lakes. Water is a bit murky much of the time. What lures do you use in this situation? Live bait work best? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

All ways find fish first whether on brush or suspended near creek mouths or bridges. If you find fish on brush do not set up on pile but get off from it a ways. Set lights just under the water and fish with minnows just below the lights all the way to the bottom. It will take trail and error to get it dialed in on your lakes. Make sure you get bait around your lights too. If no action in a reasonable amount of time move. Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

i like to set up out in front of deep weed lines. you need to cruise around and look with the finder, or even catch one or two in an area first. if there are no crappie in the area then your wasting your time. sure they mite show up later but you can up your odds by finding them instead of them find you. lights arent majic but they can sure help most nighths.