Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Union Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Question Lake Union Crappie

Hey Urban_fisher1 and i were going to go to lake union in maybe late march into april or some time during the pre-spawn in to the beginig of the spawn. Will be fishing from a boat and would perfer to fish structure. Any thoughts, Slabking, I know you got some secrets.
    Thanks Kok King :D
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

I would also like to know some things about lake sammamish, but they dont have to be the hot spots or anything like that. Just the general way to catch crappie there.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Post Thanks / Like

That is also another lake i would like to know about.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are going to have a blast once you nail down a few honeyholes. The crappies will start pre-spawn right around the end of March.

Most of these fish tend to stay close to rockpiles that are within spiting distance of deep wood cover (the many, many large wood piling docks around the lake). For the most part the crappies will spend the entire winter under these docks since a lot of them extend out to water that is up to 40 feet deep and the docks can contain hundreds of wood pilings.

As soon as the weed growth begins in mid-April the crappie will move off the rocks and stack up on the emerging weedlines. This is when you'll begin to have 30+ catch days of large pre-spawn females. They don't move into the shallows here like many other lakes because the water is so clear. I've seen them spawning on the top of logs located in 25' of water.

I would stick to the westside of the lake for pre-spawn. The entire west shore is made of large rocks and rockpiles, rocky flats, and hard drop-offs with plenty of docks that you could fish for weeks. The bay in the SW corner of the lake is a good place to figure out as well. There are many old pilings in the water that go out to 15' of water and the entire bottom of the lake there is made up of rock. Rocks, weedlines and wood are the secrets words here, find places that have all three and you'll find crappies (and 3lbs+ smallies). Make sure you use good line, you'll often catch monster bass from the same locations.

I've been bust'n my butt all winter long to put together a new fishing rig (2 years without a boat was 2 too many lol!) so I'll see you guys out there this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking big thanks

wow that was amazing. good info. I just have one question and that is what gear and persentation would you perfer to use. And hey if you get a rig we should go out fishing together, two diffrent boats trying to find the crappie twice as fast. Thanks again it is a huge help.
    Ian

Post Thanks / Like

do you like to use any kind of scent or tip your hook with bait? And i was also interested in people prefence between one and two inch plastics. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

1 to 1.5 inch and that is my final answer.

Post Thanks / Like

have you read my pm yet kokanee king?

Post Thanks / Like

look at the arbo. tread.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information. It will all be very useful.
    Eat your wheaties
    Okuma
    Sniper Lures Custom Baits
    Fetha' 'styx Custom Rods
    Outlaw Baits
    Reaction Innovations
    XS ENERGY DRINKS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast