Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What a morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Default What a morning.

I had one of those once in a blue moon days Saturday at Kentucky Lake on Blood River.

First time this year to go fishing and as soon as I set my very first rod in the holder it went under before I had let go and I had a big one on. I nailed 20 within 1.5 hours while spider rigging and then the trolling battery went bad. By the way it was a Walmart special

The battery on my scale were bad so I couldn't weigh them. It just wasn't a good battery day.

Every fish was around 15 inches or more and I never got a throwback just 15 inches +. They filled up two 1 gallon zip-locks. I hope this is the sign of a good season.

They were all caught on minnows in 8 to 10 feet of water and they were not in bunches. I caught them within a 1/4 mile radius.

Water was 60 and dirty.

No wind.

Female had eggs but they were fresh with no blood. I didn't mean to keep her but I tore her up getting the hook out.

Didn't get to go today. The wife made me clean around the cabin.
    I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about the battery. But it sounds like good fishing for a while. Dang, all 15 inchers, Way to go
    Oh yea I know about the honey do list my self, hang in there buddy...

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah...I hear ya about the battery. I went and bought a backup. Now if one goes bad I got a spare! Sounds like you cleaned up in the fish Dept. Now I need to get into em' like that this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

How deep were the minnows if you don't mind my inquisition?

Post Thanks / Like

I kept them 4 to 5 feet.
    I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks much!