Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sneaked out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sneaked out.

It's been hard to find time for fishing,and keep up with the farming,but I finally sneaked away yesterday.I played aplenty with the fish finder( side imaging ) it's a new toy to me,so it put a bit of a dent in the amount of time the lure got wet.
    I did end up with 16 crappie and some bonus gills,the largest crappie tied my PB of 14". I fished strictly artificial,thanks to the fishing machine,I am really impressed with a particular plastic he uses a lot.
    My hand is always gonna cause me problems,the nerve graft was deemed a failure by the surgeon,leaving me with around 45% use.I reel with the injured hand,and by the end of the day it was so tired and weak,I had to put the fish on ice to fillet today.
    Oh, I nearly forgot one tid bit,nearly all the crappie preferred the jigs to be moving rather quickly before they took it.Other than a couple that took the jig under a float,the others hit it as I was reeling back in for a recast.
    Likes KickIn Chicken, skeetbum LIKED above post

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you were able to get out for a while and catch a good mess. Enjoy your new toy

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good trip. Glad to hear the toy fits your needs. Better to hear that dinner came home too. Always makes it better. Keep it up. adjustment is never easy. We all pay attention and like to hear of the progress. Fish On!!
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around