Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ 5-8

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ 5-8

Limited out on one stretch of bank at the 4mm.... chooting under cables on a steep bank with chunk rock; however the fish were pretty shallow. I used a two inch BG slab slayer in blue ice and blue grass. Every female I cleaned was completely spawned out. I tried bass fishing for a bit and only caught one but I did get 6 pretty good blowups on a whopper plopper and frog but they wouldn't take it. Don't know how much longer the crappie are gonna stay on the bank, prob gonna be trolling cranks and nite bite for me pretty quick. Sorry no pics
    "In my father's house are many mansions..." John 14:2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I am surprised that they are still on the banks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LSL Angler View Post
    Thanks, I am surprised that they are still on the banks.
    I was a little surprised b/c last week I fished behind Atlantis and did pretty good but they were completely gone yesterday. I went to the other side of the lake in a cove where the water had been cooler hoping to catch the last wave that was moving up and it worked out. And I only caught one white crappie. Seems like the black crappie will hang out on the bank a little longer. I've had days in June where I'll catch them towards the bank or between the dock and bank...I guess they'll stay shallow and feed until the water gets to hot.

Post Thanks / Like

with the spawn being so close to done, if a guy were going to get out say Saturday, do you think rigging would be more successful than beating the banks? If so, where would be best to try it at; cove channels, closer to banks etc?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not much on rigging but if you got the means I'd say that would be more productive than beating the banks. Any deeper docks out from spawning banks would prob be good. With the weather heating up I'd look for big coves/creeks and make some passes through the middle and look for shad at the top of the water column, and crappie underneath. Usually if the crappie move out to no man's land it will be 20 to 40 fow, and I myself would pull cranks if I see a pattern like that.