PDA

View Full Version : Another Question

Boa3
05-07-2018, 09:54 AM
Wow I am just full of questions lately. I did a search for Sports Brellas. I am going to crank fest in Miss. and my wife is going with me. I need to keep us cool down there in August. I know that is almost impossible but I thought a Sports Brella would help. Now for the question. Do I want the regular, super or XL. Its going on the front of my 240 SeaArk so there is quite a lot of real estate to cover. Thanks in advance. Bo

Iwannafish
05-07-2018, 06:03 PM
Get the xl if there is room in the boat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"G"
05-07-2018, 06:33 PM
I think the one I use on my SeaArk 860XV is 8 ft. in diameter.

Hat55
05-07-2018, 07:48 PM
Bought an 8 ft. at Sam's club last week for $ 39.95.

Jig Puller
05-07-2018, 11:26 PM
Good to know this also. I just put in my millinium side kick with umbrella attachment with 2 millinium seats. I need an umbrella also and this answers my question. Tks guys

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

SKs Crappie Catching Adventures
05-08-2018, 07:36 AM
Right when I was gonna shop for me another one y'all put the leg work in for me.....Sams it is..... thanks

vfourmax
05-08-2018, 08:55 AM
I am in the process of transitioning a smaller 14ft mod v hull into my old man sitting down "Bill Dance" style fishing rig.

I also am going to give the umbrella thing a try but being such an efficient soul which translates actually to being "cheap" I am going to make my umbrella holder out of PCV.

Looking at umbrella sizes I decided to initially go with a smaller cheaper 6' size that also tilts which I purchased a couple from Walmart as I am planning to do one for both the front and rear seating positions on my smaller 14ft boat.

I may not be thinking of this correctly but I also was thinking about the actual weight of the umbrella so I went with a "beach" umbrella rather than the typical patio table umbrella. I do realize the lighter construction will affect longevity but at the pricing if I can get a fishing season out of it then I will be fine.

No prior experience doing this so this may or may not work.

Boa3
05-08-2018, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the help guys. Jane will appreciate it and of course I will tell her how hard it was to get all the research done to get just the right one for her.:highfive

deltarat
05-08-2018, 09:02 PM
Umbrella is the only way to go. Summer of '16 my wife called me to see how I was doing, that the temp was 103. There was a breeze and I literally was not even sweating.

Potatoe
05-08-2018, 09:40 PM
I bought a couple of the HUK fishing shirts this winter, used them for the first time and was impressed how they kept from getting a burn and kept you cool.