Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Storage Ideas for 12-14' Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Storage Ideas for 12-14' Rods

I am trying to better organize my garage and looking ideas for storing these rods in one piece along the walls in my garage. Thinking about just getting the Rapala Rod Lock system and mount it horizontally since my garage is about 11' high and not accommodating of the longer rods. I also cannot mount them to the ceiling as I have a couple things, like lights in odd places that keep me from doing this. Any ideas and pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

I put s-hooks in the ceiling to hold long and short rods.Use one of the fold out stool from wally world to put them up and get them done.Will get some pics in a bit.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

PicsAttachment 301310Name:  20180506_172301.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  72.8 KBName:  20180506_172224.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  44.2 KB

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Likes LittleJohn, "G", fish getter LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I used the garage door.
    i built 6 brackets out of pvc, mounted using right angle metal brackets. I hold rods on with a bunge ord.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

I built one this fall for the basement using PVC hangers, will probably build one in garage also. you can hang it lower than the ceiling to get it below your other items. I am trying to find the link but this is a picture I found
    Likes "G" LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lane47 View Post
    I used the garage door.
    i built 6 brackets out of pvc, mounted using right angle metal brackets. I hold rods on with a bunge ord.
    I need to edit my post, didn't use right angle, those are flat, menders, that I mounted on pvc, and then to garage door.
    I used 1/4" diameter bunge material to make long bands, tied at bottom, stretched over a hook at top, they show up in first picture on the left. The two binges you see are used to tie two piece rods together. These are built to hold two rods per slot, total of 6 per each end, tips overlap in middle, total of 12 rods in all.