Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing Superstitions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Superstitions

Just thought to myself the other day while I was tying an aberdeen on about a thing I do every time I tie a hook or jig. The trilene knot I tie I always wrap the line 13 times before cinching down. With that type of knot it usually doesn't matter the exact wraps, but 13 just seems to stick in my head as a lucky number. It may be a little obsessive compulsive:rolleyes: , but I think it is superstitious. Just curious if anyone else has a ritual or any other superstitious thing they do prior to or while wetting a line?
    "She's A Bute Clark"

Post Thanks / Like

Well, my dad always told me that wind from the east, fish bite the least. Guess that's not exactly what you were asking. But I do have a sticker on the top of my boat trailer right at the hitch that says "Put the plug in stupid".

Post Thanks / Like

How about. Don't take your checkbook on the water because the fish gods will think you want to buy fish. :D

Post Thanks / Like

i see i am not the only that has a sign on the boat to put the plug in before launching, alot of fisherman have done it we just admitt it

Post Thanks / Like

I fished an entire tournament last season with the plug in the bilge outlet instead of the drain. Must have had my eyes closed when I put it in at 5:00 that morning. Thank God for all the foam Tracker packs in their boats. Explains why the boat wouldn't plane out worth a darn all day I guess. As far as superstitons, I too have a magic number on my knot wraps. It is 8. Don't know why, just is. Also, I have one that I am in the process of breaking. I had a cheap Browning ultralight rod and reel combo that I've had for years. Wasn't the best when it was new, and I have bought so many new outfits since then. I still never felt right unless I used it every time out. Only rod I'd cast jigs on. I went to Weiss last weekend. BROKE IT. My last two trips out since, including todays tournament, have been horrible. Guess it's more of a curse than a superstition.....Wow, I hope not!
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

No bananas on a boat (bad luck) and the fish don't bite when the cows are laying down.