Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Use Your "noodle" In The Carolina Rig

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Use Your "noodle" In The Carolina Rig

This is a great tip that really works great. The premise is how to use a "Carolina Rig" to float your 1/32 oz "jig" in really deep water. In the heat of summer, Crappie will go deep. A "Modified" Carolina Rig is just the ticket to reach them as well as White Bass or Perch.

If you don't have a floating jig, go to Wall-Mart and get you a package of water “noodles” that children use in the swinning pool, or bright orange sponge ear plugs that hunters use. Cut a tiny section. Thread your line through it using a needle and tie your jig or hook on with a Palomar knot. Now you have a floating rig works great.

A picture says one thousand words. Here is a picture of my "Modified Carolina Jig Rig."

old ship

Last edited by shipahoy41; 03-25-2007 at 07:50 AM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a pretty good idea there Ship. May have to give that a whirl. Probably not a good idea for a brushpile but when the fish are on the flats or dropoffs in the summer that may just work .

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Try it and let others know. Thanks for writing.

old ship

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I AM ASKING FOR YOUR HELP Matthew 7:7

We have 18 student days until the end of the year assembly. NO ONE has sent the seven Special Education Students anything yet. I work with seven autistic and non verbal high school special ed minority students. I am asking members of Crappie.com to PLEASE send them a PERSONALIZED letter or something to encourage them. These are at risk minority students and I know Crappie fishermen and women can be a positive influence in their life. It could also be a T-shirt, an autographed picture, a lure, a letter, whatever. Let the Lord lead you and use you. Any shirts should be size large or extra large. Please do this for my students.

Please send it to:

Students in room 15 (Chris Webb, Humphrey Weaver , Shawn Scott.
    Courtney Paige, Deborah Hogan, Tamar square,
    or Courtney Burkes) PLEASE choose one or more to send an award for great effort, encourage and mentor.

Please Send it today if you can.c/o Michael Carter
    Midfield High School
    1600 High School Drive
    Midfield, AL 35228

Thank you.

old ship