Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville

Any reports from Smithville? Was there a week and a half ago and it was awful.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a report, though in my circles, don't pay much attention to Smithville until after Spring Camp at Truman. Seems like if we hit it right down there, we come back to good fishing at Smithville. So...should be getting good out there any time now.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. May give it a try this weekend, I'm sure it will be busy!

Post Thanks / Like

Was there Tuesday evening for about an hour near Crows Creek. Caught a decent 10.5” female not too far off bank. Only crappie caught. Surprised it wasn’t a male and was a female. Water was right at 55 degrees.

Post Thanks / Like

Went there last Saturday and caught a Catfish, Drum and quite a few Bass. Will try again tomorrow or Saturday which will have a better chance since the water temp is right with some new rain to bring the water levels back up.

Note: Water is clear but the boats coming in and out make it really dirty and Brown so bring your Black lures.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there yesterday. Water temp was 59 to 60. No love for me.

Post Thanks / Like

We found some males on the bank in a few places this afternoon. You could about call your shot in the spot we finished in this afternoon. We were dipping jigs next to the shallow stumps. If you found one in 2-3’ of water that looked good, there was a fish or two there, especially if there was a lay down next to the stump. Water temp was 68 this afternoon. They seem to be bunched up a little. We would catch several and then go 100 yards through similar looking water without a bite. I’d guess we weeded through 80+ to get our 30 keepers. It should be good lakewide by the middle of next week. Got to meet the new game warden at the ramp. He seemed eager to write a ticket and not nearly as friendly as most. I’d guess he got picked on in school.
    Likes catchem32, crappiebum_kc LIKED above post

jigfisherx is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General, MO Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m not sure exactly where but my son was fishing the riprap by one of the bridges up north. He said he caught about 30 with 10 keepers standing in one place for about an hour. Fishing 1/16 Oz jig about 5 feet off of the bank. He said there was some other people fishing a jig under a cork out off of the bank but they didn’t catch much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    God bless Charlie Brewer and Bobby Garland.

Post Thanks / Like

Was out Friday and caught a bunch of little Crappie just like last year. I really thought this was going to be the year that would break the dink curse but wishful thinking. Every fish I caught was right up on the bank except for the one decent (10 inch) crappie I found which was in 7 foot of water.

Post Thanks / Like

We have been doing pretty good on the private docks. The last couple days have been slow. At first light, I caught 4- 11" males right on the bank. Shorty after they moved totally off the banks. Ended up with 10 keepers after fishing the docks.