HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weedless jigs

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weedless jigs

What do you prefer, the bristols or wire weed guard
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I like em both, and carry both. I honestly haven’t been able to tell much difference, both in their snag avoidance and fish catching ability.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    Thanks barrelslime thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer the Y-guard.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else?
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the clear bristle kind this year casting into/around brush and they have worked great! Rarely get hung and rarely lose a fish, the only down side is the bristles fall out sometimes after a few good fish and it's no longer weedless - I did purchase these at walmart though....

Post Thanks / Like

Slight deviation from your original question, but I have never used either one. When I want to go 'weedless' I usually go with the Sliders, but I do find the answers interesting for reference

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used wire loop guards, bristle brush guards, slider heads, and the plastic Y guards .... and even the plastic strip guard that you put on the jig hook (stick guards).

Out of all five of these .... I prefer the Y guard, and use it 95% of the time, with the bristle brush style guards making up the remaining 5% of the time.

My progression through these different types of weed guards has gone from the "stick guard" to wire loop to bristle to slider jig back to bristle and then to Y guards (over the last 40+yrs) and mainly stayed with Y guards over the last 20yrs.

Post Thanks / Like

y- guard for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    I've used wire loop guards, bristle brush guards, slider heads, and the plastic Y guards .... and even the plastic strip guard that you put on the jig hook (stick guards).

Out of all five of these .... I prefer the Y guard, and use it 95% of the time, with the bristle brush style guards making up the remaining 5% of the time.

My progression through these different types of weed guards has gone from the "stick guard" to wire loop to bristle to slider jig back to bristle and then to Y guards (over the last 40+yrs) and mainly stayed with Y guards over the last 20yrs.
    Thanks Pappy I knew you had experience on this subject. Give me a lead on Y guard
    Personal Best 17 1/2"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast