Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spinning Reel Choices

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spinning Reel Choices

I have four reels already and need another set of 4. My first four are Shimano IX1000 and IX2000 models. I would like to pick up four more, but locally they do not have anymore. Any other sub 15 dollar reel worth purchasing? I am new to spider rigging and just looking for decent reel options.

FYI, if you have a Dunham's Sports in your area ( I am in NC), with the 20% discount coupons, you can get the Shimano reels for 10 dollars a reel if they have them in stock. I bought the ones closest to me, but they said they do not have anymore on the way.

Would also be interested in any used reels if anyone on here has any they are looking to upgrade. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I know Diawa makes some 1000 series cheaper reels. Don't know the model off the top of my head. But I've used them rigging and dipping, they hold line fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wilk816 View Post
    I know Diawa makes some 1000 series cheaper reels. Don't know the model off the top of my head. But I've used them rigging and dipping, they hold line fine.
    That is all I am trying to do. Do not need anything fancy to troll with. Though, I have caught a few 3-7 lb channel cats that put up quite the fight on ultralight 12' rods.

Post Thanks / Like

Amazon has the Shimano IX series for less than $15. I grabbed several last year for longlining reels when I could no longer find them locally.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought about 1 dozen of each, 1000, ,2000, and a couple 4000 series from my local sportsman store. Each $10. Great reels at a great price. I thought I bought him out, he got another shipment in last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!