Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 3/24/07 Lake Nimrod, AR. (Pics)

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3/24/07 Lake Nimrod, AR. (Pics)

We had to deal with a little bit of wind today but still ended up with about 30 nice slabs. Debra tangled with about a 10 lb. cat first thing! It finally straightened the jig hook out enough to pull loose. Caught the males in 6 to 7 foot water and the bigger females out a little deeper in 9 to 10 foot.
    I can't remember a day that we have hooked and lost so many 2 lb class fish! It was either 4 or 5.
    Overcast skies so Black/Chart worked a little better than the Pinks that we normally use. But what really was the go to bait of the day were bass minnows!

And you know it's your day when you foul hook and catch a 2 lber!

CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet that foul hooked 2 lber felt like that 10 lb cat that got away...
    Polar Kraft 1571 DB
    Mercury 25 hp 4-Stroke

Post Thanks / Like

Sure looks like a good day of fishin to me. Ya got some nice slabs there...

Gonefission
    Bill

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Those are some nice fish. I saw you and your buddy's boats pass us at English. We started out catching fish and tried up river after the wind started. The places up river are not that good should have stayed in the lake.I caught almost a limit all on pink and white. Josh can't seem to concentrate on his jig ,then wonders why he don't catch many. I may have to get him some minners .:rolleyes: I thought I had a whale yesterday David. Turned out to be a 5lb Drum on my jiggin pole on 4lb line. Thinking about going if the wind will not blow. Can't understand why they have not hit the banks yet. The water was 69 and our fish on the humps are not there in big numbers. Started catching some out of my new cedar stake condo already.:D We may need to build some more of them later.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Nimrod, Bob and I are going out this morning in my boat. Probably going to start out around English Branch. We picked up a few small fish in the P. tops you and I put in a while back.
    I'm thinkin' about trying that wadin' this afternoon down by the hi-way. Got me a new pair of waders the other day. Wife said it was early birthday gift!:rolleyes:
    CATCH A BIG-UN

Post Thanks / Like

East wind early this morning had crappie hugging tight to the bottom in 12 feet of water. A little harder to coax them into biting but we still caught a few nice ones and several smaller ones.
    CATCH A BIG-UN

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

You got that right ,the wind outa the east.:rolleyes: I caught a good mess ,but really had to work for them. Changed from pink/white to black/chartruse jigs. They are still deep and the water temp was 68 in the coves . When are they going to the shallows ?
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs