HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ranger? Triton?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ranger? Triton?

Is there any real difference in the boats?

My wife has been wanting/hinting that i should upgrade and I’m looking hard at the mpv line of tritons. Looking at the 1862. Seems to fit the bill for what we/she wants.

Anyone own the 1862? How do u like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes mac LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I had a tin Triton VT 19 DC. Loved the boat but this Oklahoma wind just pushed it around too much so I went back to Fiberglass. Was a great boat though.

Post Thanks / Like

I currently have a Triton 2072sc with a Mercury 115hp 4 stroke. I’ve been very pleased with it over the last few years. It’s been a tough boat.

Post Thanks / Like

rangers are so over rated and over priced.
    Likes timd3200 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1barnabus View Post
    What would u recommend? I’m just starting the looking process

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missed mallards View Post
    What would u recommend? I’m just starting the looking process

Triton or Stratos hands down

Post Thanks / Like

I would personally avoid the camo boat if I did it over, mine will melt your feet in the summertime.
    Likes blueball, Pithon LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1barnabus View Post
    I beg to differ. A glass Ranger will out ride any boat on the market. You take a 20 mph wind on Ky lake and find a better riding boat than a Ranger and I will eat my crow. Its not going to happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quadlee View Post
    I beg to differ. A glass Ranger will out ride any boat on the market. You take a 20 mph wind on Ky lake and find a better riding boat than a Ranger and I will eat my crow. Its not going to happen.
    Agree and when you get ready to sell they hold there value compared to other brands.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk
    Likes quadlee, Hat55, 1187mg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Ranger, Triton, and Stratus were all part of the package deal sold to Johnnie Morris. They were and still are part of the same company. So, essentially, the same hands building Ranger boats are building Triton and Stratus boats too.

Compare the difference between a GMC and a Chevy truck or Lincoln and ford car.

My sister was a VIP for the equity holdings company that used to own the Ranger, Triton, and Stratus line before selling it to Johnnie. Below is information from a source that will remain nameless:

"Stratos is built in the same plant as Ranger. Stratos has their own hulls and molds. The Stratos boats use the same gel-coat and same fiberglass as Ranger. They use the same carpet and vinyl as Ranger. Many of the pumps and switches are the same, but not all of them. Hardware is very similar. There are a few differences. They are built by the same hands and the quality control is the same. Fit and Finish are words overused here, but they are judged the same.

Ranger has a proprietary material that they make and own in their boats. It is a pull-trusion. It is used as a stiffening agent in the areas where the boat hull, floor, etc. needs reinforcement. Stratos also uses a stiffening agent but it is not a proprietary material. It is available to anyone that would like to buy it.

All Fiberglass boats are built with two pieces; a hull and a cap or deck. They are joined together at the rub rail. When a Ranger boat is complete, it cannot be separated into two pieces again with out some major renovations to the boat. A Stratos boat can be taken apart. This is not good or bad, it is a difference in construction.

When building a fiberglass boat, the boats are built from the outside in. The color is sprayed in the hull first. Every color is another paint job. Masking, taping, etc all have to be done. Ranger has 8 stripes, Stratos has two. Extra labor means more dollars. Each seat in a Ranger has three or four colors of material, Stratos has two. Again, more labor means more money. Ranger will have more bling; cup holders, tool holders; more hydraulic lift assists on doors, compression latches on the lids, etc. Stratos is a bit simpler that way. They have the exact same warranty, that says a lot.

I will let you be the final judge on what makes a boat worth how many dollars."
    Last edited by wicklundrh; 05-02-2018 at 12:49 PM.
    I have OCD "Obsessive Crappie Disorder"
    Thanks BDBFishing thanked you for this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast