Likes Likes:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: USGS stream,river,lake level and other info site

Post Thanks / Like

Default USGS stream,river,lake level and other info site

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/ky/nwis/rt

This website is vey handy, but tough to navigate. For KY, look like 335 sites are listed for current information on the streams, rivers and some lakes in KY. I think the data is updated about every hour via satellite transmission from the measurement sites. You can do this for any state, but the link above is only for KY data. You can wear yourself out at this site looking at current and past history if you select the various criteria options. Once you select what data you want, you will be given a report based on your criteria you set up in your search.

Let me know if anyone is currently using this site. I used it a lot in SC at Santee to see how big a wall of water was heading into Lake Marion from the two rivers that feed the lake after a huge rain event.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to show an example of a search. I wanted to look at the water level at Elkhorn Creek for the past week( You can change the range if you want, sometimes for he past year). Here's he graph, or you can get an hourly report in just a line by line listing if you wanted.

Thanks cajunblaster thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/ky/nwis/u..._y=on&period=7

Ok, tried to load these graphs and data using the current 'Insert Image' on the sie sometimes shows up, sometimes not, so here's what I wanted to show in the link above. Depending on when you go to link, you should get the last 7 days of waterl level for the North Elkhorn Creek near where I live. Will see if this works. You can get similar reports on Streams/Rivers near you.