HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flat out Stupid GOOD !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flat out Stupid GOOD !

So its really pretty yesterday evening and the wind lies down to not much and I bake some crappie and asparagus and pasta for dinner . I tell the other half I probably need to go do the dark thirty thing after dinner as its likely they are up really getting after it shallow at a lake near the house right at dark and there after .
    So off I go to the lake and it begins , first spot I want to hit has several people with catfish poles set out right over the crappie spawning area
    second spot I want to hit has two guys pitching plastic worms over the crappie bedding area for BASS
    so I say to myself , oh well I guess I will go to where its always pretty good this time of year on the other side of the lake , when I roll up there isn't a place to park and its elbow to elbow with people trying to ketch crappie
    at this point I am like hmmm ....I guess I can try the spot up the way a bit as I don't see a vehicle up in that area and maybe I can find a few there . I did ketch a few really shallow a week back in that spot .
    First cast my phone rings and I look to see who is calling and look back up to see my float GONE ! I set the hook fast and missed the fish that hit and foul hooked a larger female white right in the middle of the back
    now it gets interesting as I think this gots to be a bass the way its pulling and then low and behold here she comes right upset . From that first cast on I got bit every pitch for around maybe 50 or more casts . I adjusted a bit here and there and it continued to be strong right till dark . at this point it slowed slightly and I decided after watching lots of folks leave spot 3 I might sneak up there and hit the blind area no one can see and its just like the first pitch earlier and I just windmill fish like a propeller on a plane I tell ya .I moved here and there a bit and hit specific areas I know they bed in and wore them fish lips flat out . got my line broke 3 times and lost a bunch and had a super good time . my individual fish photo count was 103 not counting the extra small not photo worthy fish in 3 hours . lots of 10 inch fish involved and not many large fish in the mix. males out numbered the females about 2 or 3 to 1
    My ketch carrot ruled the water once again and a yellow pink yellow did quite well as a secondary choice . about 18 inches under a float at one spot and about 12 inches under the float at another .all released to go back to doing what they was doing . no fish were deeper than 3 foot of water and I bought got in a fight .....
    Dang great blue heron wouldn't leave me alone and was trying like heck to fish in front of me and not worried about me being right there telling him to leave
    hope you enjoy the photos and have a great day
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes Slab, S10CHEVY, 1187mg, slackline LIKED above post
    Thanks funfishers thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

p.s. yes I did ketch one bluegill and one small bass in the mix as well ....
    Likes S10CHEVY, KickIn Chicken LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice catch and a nice looking meal to boot.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Great outing and report, appreciate it.

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Fish are nice the meal looks better right now.

Post Thanks / Like

This full moon that’s coming should really set em off! I’m gonna play some Barry White music next week while fishing to get em really fired up!!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    Likes Redge, franklin fisher LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing!

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good fishing!

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET Fish View Post
    This full moon that’s coming should really set em off! I’m gonna play some Barry White music next week while fishing to get em really fired up!!
    barry white .....
    lol .....I bet you are right though and what fish aint most likely will and what has already will be back for more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast