Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How to install a front Pedastal seat on a center console?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to install a front Pedastal seat on a center console?

Here's the dilemma...I have a center console where the part of the casting deck that you stand on also serves as the top of a compartment. In other words, it's the lid on hingest that lifts up for a big compartment where I store my anchor and rope. So I can't just install a pedestal seat base on it b/c it's too flimsy.

What else can I do? It hurts my back too much to stand up on the casting deck all day.

I thought about even putting a lawn chair up there with a L-bracket in the back so the chair doesn't slide backwards on the deck while I'm sitting on it.

strmwalker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ekim22 View Post
    Here's the dilemma...I have a center console where the part of the casting deck that you stand on also serves as the top of a compartment. In other words, it's the lid on hingest that lifts up for a big compartment where I store my anchor and rope. So I can't just install a pedestal seat base on it b/c it's too flimsy.

What else can I do? It hurts my back too much to stand up on the casting deck all day.

I thought about even putting a lawn chair up there with a L-bracket in the back so the chair doesn't slide backwards on the deck while I'm sitting on it.
    a few pictures of the deck and what you are talking about might help !!!!

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday"
    "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point. "AMEN"