Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: who needs

Post Thanks / Like

Default who needs

stand up comedians when you have your local boat ramp and the first 80 degree day in the spring. i finished off a good morning of fishing with about an extra 15 min. of quality entertainment. any body else know what i'm talking about?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah buddy, sure do! Especially priceless when the husband/wife team have no practice trailering their boat, he's driving the truck and she's embarrassing him no end while the boats stack up out there and the laughing starts getting loud enough to make him want to just drive off and leave her standing there with that rope that has the boat on the end of it. But he don't, 'cause he would be even more broke for the rest of his life.... It can get any variety of better from there.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

I take my mom out for dinner once a week for pizza or something and we take it and drive down to the lake mainly to be at the lake, but one of our favorite places is a public laugh. We go to watch the lake while we eat and the clown show of knuckleheads on the boat ramp. Its always funny.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea. I pulled out today and I'm waiting on dad...he's in the bushes taking care of business before the trip home. I'm sitting in the truck and I look in my rear view to see a guy coming up the ramp to get his truck. He jumps in and sits there for a minute and then starts backing up. There are a lot of trucks and TRAILERS at the boat ramp. I guess he didn't remember about all those trailers and comitts to backing up and running over a trailer. His bumper grabs this guys side roller on his trailer. Then he pulls up...gets out of the truck, checks his truck and never even looks at the guys trailer! I don't think he damaged it because if I thought he had I would have got his Lic. plate # and put on the poor guys windshield that got run over. Character should be defined as what you do when nobody is looking...or when you "think" nobody is looking! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

2 summers ago i saw someones minivan end up in 5 feet of water off the boat ramp, i lol'd.

Post Thanks / Like

Afew years ago a buddy and I were patiently awaiting our turn at a local public ramp and witnessed something we still chuckle about today.

A man was in the boat waiting for his wife to back the trailer down the ramp. She wasn't very proficient and he started to get angry and started verbally abusing her. Profanity after profanity rang across the water and she became more and more frustrated because of it. I felt bad for her. I guess she finally had all she was willing to take from him. She started driving back up the ramp and away from hubby and boat. We assumed she was leaving him there. Instead she turned the truck around and started forward towards the water. She wasn't going fast. She opened her door and stepped from the truck just before it hit the water. The truck and trailer both sank above the roof of the truck before the engine stopped. She just calmly walked up the ramp and probably out of his life. There were about 6 boats waiting by this time and we all just about died laughing!

Don't mess with Mama when she has the keys!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I love it when I see a 27+ foot criuser trying to get in at a shallow ramp.lol they never seem to think that they need deep water. saw a guy last year with a huge boat back is truck WAY in to the water so he could launch then when he did the prop hit a rock and his day was over.lol

Post Thanks / Like

I go out during the week when its not so many people there. then go back on the weekend and watch the action. Some older folks bring a lawn chair and watch the action.