Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville??

Thought I'd try the north end of the lake tomorrow to stay out of the wind.
    Lake is about 1' low... How's the ramp at Plattsburg? Enough water to launch? Wonder if there'll be room in the parking lot?

Post Thanks / Like

I was out yesterday afternoon and saw about 15 boats is all. a buddy and myself caught about 100 fish and only maged 10 keepers. For the last week all of our fish have been glued to the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

was at plattsburg ramp last sunday plenty of water. water was pretty muddy. it is probably about the same with all the rain we have got this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Just remember to watch for that stump on the left(facing down the ramp)

Post Thanks / Like

Season opener. Fished Rock Creek for a couple of hours... Tightlining minnows. Not a nibble. Buddy caught and released a thick, barely legal bass but nothing else. Tried the cove on the west side below "W" nothing there but a big swan. Everyone seemed to be having a tough time.

Spent some time learning the path through the timber on Browns Branch... Left just as the wind peaked... Glasses covered with spray so I slowed to check for stumps, fell off plane and speared a big roller. Dumped a few gallons of 50 degree water in my buddy's lap. Good time to call it a day.
    Stopped for a tenderloin in Trimble. Dried out buddy. Laughed so much we forgot the livewell was empty.