Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Boats, boats everywhere

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boats, boats everywhere

You can sure tell when the fishing starts around here. About 30 minutes before it gets light around here this time of year there are bass tournaments everywhere! Sure makes for a good alarm clock. Think there are over 10 tournaments scheduled here today with a total of 5 or 6 hundred boats. It's kind of funny to watch a boat race in to fish a close point to us, leave after 5minutes, then another boat will come and fish a few minutes and leave. This goes on all day all weekend. The fish either get caught or get smart. Don't see a lot of fish caught there, just a lot of frenzied fisherman.

Nice to live on a lake, but this lake is getting busier every year. Rather see the bassboats than the 50 and 60 footers that will be racing around in a couple of months!

Does anyone own a potato gun, think I can pick a boat or 2 off with one! :D
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieHusker
    Nice to live on a lake, but this lake is getting busier every year. Rather see the bassboats than the 50 and 60 footers that will be racing around in a couple of months!
    Yep! Much better than some of those PWC drivers who have no sense.

Good observation, CrappieHusker, they seem to come and go. One boat leaves, and ten minutes later, another comes by to give the same spot a shot.
    Webmaster for: http://www.slabbuster.com and other fine sites.

Post Thanks / Like

Default You're right

Hey Husker ... I think the same thing every time we're at LOZ. There's a point that's in the direct view from our condo and I see folks cycle in and out fishing that point all day, every day. I imagine the fish are either really smart on that point or they're all in a livewell. I get a kick out of it, too.

It makes you wonder how "secret" our own secret honey holes are. I'd like to see the potato gun assault, though!!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)