PDA

View Full Version : Stren Crappie mono or Berkley XT Solar BULK?

FurFlyin
04-20-2018, 10:55 PM
Anyone know where I could get 1 lb or 2000, 3000 or so yard spools of either of these lines? I like them both. Can't stand Mr Crappie, or any of the other hi vis lines but I don't like the 200 yard Stren spool and would prefer larger amounts. Thanks.

Slabprowler
04-20-2018, 11:03 PM
If ya going through that much of it you need me to spoil some Fresh Mr crappie or fresh Vicious on for ya,! Or do it your self soak it in warm water or take a rag and wet it and hold the line tight when you spool in onto your reel . After you first start spooling stop if the line starts to un spool off the reel flip it over! TAda you set to go !

arkcrappie
04-20-2018, 11:04 PM
I'd like to find some more 8 lb XT Solar myself. I've been using Off Shore Angler line from Bass Pro. It's holding up pretty good.

Cray
04-21-2018, 08:52 AM
I'd like to find some more 8 lb XT Solar myself. I've been using Off Shore Angler line from Bass Pro. It's holding up pretty good.

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/berkley-trilene-xt-fishing-line-solar/0000000089415?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImKXkicHL2gIVRLjACh 2ODAHxEAQYBiABEgKIKfD_BwE

https://www.fishusa.com/product/Berkley-Trilene-XT-Monofilament-Line?utm_source=google_ps&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_ps&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImKXkicHL2gIVRLjACh2ODAHxEAQYBSAB EgI3CPD_BwE

Cray
04-21-2018, 09:06 AM
Anyone know where I could get 1 lb or 2000, 3000 or so yard spools of either of these lines? I like them both. Can't stand Mr Crappie, or any of the other hi vis lines but I don't like the 200 yard Stren spool and would prefer larger amounts. Thanks.

Did a search and could not find a bulk spool of the stream crappie line.

FurFlyin
04-21-2018, 09:22 AM
Oops, double tap.

FurFlyin
04-21-2018, 09:26 AM
I don't have any trouble spooling it Mitch, but as you know when you've got 10-15 reels to spool, it takes a lot of line. All these spider-long-push-pull set ups I'm aquiring gotta have line on em. LOL

Thanks for the replies, if anybody knows or finds some please let me know. Thanks for checking Cray, I've Googled and can't find any either. I may have to try and call them

CrappiePappy
04-21-2018, 09:47 AM
All these spider-long-push-pull set ups I'm aquiring gotta have line on em. LOL

That's why I have braid or heavy pound test mono on mine .... as backing. Then I have leaders made up and wrapped around pool noodle sections, just waiting for their chance to be placed on the duo-lock snap at the end of my main line. Then a filler spool of 6lb test mono will make lots & lots of leaders, and I don't have to worry about refilling the entire reel spool of every long rod outfit I use.

FurFlyin
04-21-2018, 12:17 PM
That's a good idee CrappyPappy. I had to top 2 reels off yesterday by using that method, except it was all the same pound line. What knot do you use to tie the two lines together? I just tied an improved clinch knot in each line and pulled them together. It works, but it's a little bulky.

Boa3
04-21-2018, 07:44 PM
Google uni-knot to uni-knot. It works good and isn't bulky.

CrappiePappy
04-21-2018, 08:19 PM
That's a good idee CrappyPappy. I had to top 2 reels off yesterday by using that method, except it was all the same pound line. What knot do you use to tie the two lines together? I just tied an improved clinch knot in each line and pulled them together. It works, but it's a little bulky.

I don't really "top them off" .... I use baitcast reels and just put a filler spool full on them (mono). The ones with braid (30#) I won't worry about them for another 20yrs. rotfl I have bulk spools of mono that I bought decades ago for my Bass rods, and would just strip a reel that got down real low & refill it with that line. It's BPS Excel (USA made) and still as strong as when I bought it, 40 some years ago. :yikes (it's always been kept in a dark/dry place ... along with the other 15 spools of different lines that I've accumulated over the last century )

arkcrappie
04-21-2018, 10:09 PM
https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/berkley-trilene-xt-fishing-line-solar/0000000089415?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImKXkicHL2gIVRLjACh 2ODAHxEAQYBiABEgKIKfD_BwE

https://www.fishusa.com/product/Berkley-Trilene-XT-Monofilament-Line?utm_source=google_ps&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_ps&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImKXkicHL2gIVRLjACh2ODAHxEAQYBSAB EgI3CPD_BwE

I failed to put in my post I'd like to find it in the 3000 yard spool again. I go through a lot of line and prefer a bulk spool. Thanks for the reply though Cray!