Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How to make your plastics last longer and not slide down the shank of the jig.

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to make your plastics last longer and not slide down the shank of the jig.

Plastics will last a lot longer by using a very simple procedure. Use a ball head jig. Wrap the shank from bend to the head with dental floss, wrapping from the bend to the head and then back. Tie a simple knot and snip off the tag. Slide the plastic on so it's just the way you want it. Then slide it back down so it's on the bend of the jig. Apply a drop of super glue, and slide the plastic up to the head. That plastic will not slide down and it can be ripped up, but will still stay in place. The negative?: You can't just slide the plastic off and try another one. You have to retie. That's why I carry multiple rods, all with different jigs. Another tip: Some plastics will stiffen with age. Put a little mineral oil in the bag that the plastic came in. The plastic will remain very flexible.
    Likes Jman5626, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Same method Richard gene uses. :biggin
    Sadly, I never catch enough fish to have this problem lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I do the same thing my friend. All of my main line ends in a hook snap so it is easy to change lures and colors. I also learned the technique from Richard Gene the fishing machine.

Name:  AWESOME STINGER.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  32.1 KB
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes Bigskyfisherman, BDBFishing, Stainless LIKED above post