HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Curious

Post Thanks / Like

Default Curious

As to how many don’t post as much about your catches? Has it ever backfired on you? I love this site, and spend more time than I should on here. I enjoy posting and reading the posts of others. With that being said, I did a copy and paste just before I started this post.

There are currently 1303 users online. 222 members and 1081 guests

Just curious, why would you not join? When it snows in TN on April 16, my mind starts to wander....and wonder.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

I think a lot of folks on the Mississippi board don't do the reports as much because the " lurkers" that just want the info on where to catch fish! I don't know if those numbers are 100% correct because those guests could be members that just aren't signed in....

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Carl3of5 LIKED above post
    Thanks ET Fish thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m guilty of not posting much mainly because I don’t take pictures I’ve probably caught more crappie this winter and spring than I ever have. But without pictures it’s just a story

Likes waterdog101 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Brewer View Post
    I think a lot of folks on the Mississippi board don't do the reports as much because the " lurkers" that just want the info on where to catch fish! I don't know if those numbers are 100% correct because those guests could be members that just aren't signed in....

Good observation, see, I don’t think too good when I’m cold!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chimneyman View Post
    I’m guilty of not posting much mainly because I don’t take pictures I’ve probably caught more crappie this winter and spring than I ever have. But without pictures it’s just a story

I rarely take pictures on the water, not only for stealth, but I’d most likely drop my phone in the lake!
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ET Fish View Post
    As to how many don’t post as much about your catches? Has it ever backfired on you? I love this site, and spend more time than I should on here. I enjoy posting and reading the posts of others. With that being said, I did a copy and paste just before I started this post.

There are currently 1303 users online. 222 members and 1081 guests

Just curious, why would you not join? When it snows in TN on April 16, my mind starts to wander....and wonder.
    A lot of those "guests" could be members that just haven't logged in, and are just "takin' a peek" to see what's new. But, yeah .... there are probably a lot of them that are just scoping the place out just to see if someone gets a little too free with their report info & on the water picture taking. They probably don't join because they'd be expected to join in & give some info of their own, and what they're really after is having someone else do the work & then they can reap the benefits while staying anonymous.

I usually give a fairly thorough report, and sometimes with pics ... but, I take the pics with the fish in the boat or at the ramp, so I don't disclose the bank or specific area of the lake where they were caught. And I don't provide that info in my reports, either. General info is enough to make for a good report & interesting read for those interested enough to check out my reports.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    A lot of those "guests" could be members that just haven't logged in, and are just "takin' a peek" to see what's new. But, yeah .... there are probably a lot of them that are just scoping the place out just to see if someone gets a little too free with their report info & on the water picture taking. They probably don't join because they'd be expected to join in & give some info of their own, and what they're really after is having someone else do the work & then they can reap the benefits while staying anonymous.

I usually give a fairly thorough report, and sometimes with pics ... but, I take the pics with the fish in the boat or at the ramp, so I don't disclose the bank or specific area of the lake where they were caught. And I don't provide that info in my reports, either. General info is enough to make for a good report & interesting read for those interested enough to check out my reports.
    I’d say that’s spot on! Thanks!
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I used to think that most on a forum were lurkers...and I’m sure many are. I am a member of another forum and fish many different lakes. For a few years now people would come up and ask me was I Alphahawk? I was kind of taken by surprise. I fish from Pickwick to Nickajack....Dale Hollow......Center Hill......VFW.......I mean I cover a lot of ground. I never really expected folks in all those places had ever heard of me or read anything I posted. Then it hit me they recognized my boat.....the Trout Magnet wrap. Many of these people were just readers...so to speak....not comfortable posting or really had hardly any computer knowledge. This internet really does make it a small world. I only have very few places I keep to myself. Most of the spots I fish are well known and I don’t feel like I’m giving anything away.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes Jusfishn, Slabprowler LIKED above post

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been more careful about posting pictures with backgrounds I have a photographic memory and I’m sure a lot of others do also.I am glad to help others as long as they do the same if they are able. they are a lot of folks that’s not able to get out and go so the pics that we post is all they get! But for those that set around looking for a picture or a specific detail on a place to fish just because they don’t want to do their home work that’s just being lazy. I would think that most members log in I may be wrong ! It’s about always that way 1 member to every 6-7 guest. All I can say is that I have met some of the greatest folks that’s ever walked in shoe leather on (Crappie .Com ) and looking to meet a lot more in the future good lord willing . I have learned so much about crappie fishing and have lots more to learn . So you that are setting around lurking you need to Man up and become a member supporter ! You will be glad you did!
    Likes RogerA, PawPaw Gene, Nutbush, skeetbum, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I will admit I'm mostly a "lurker" but I spend very little time on my home states board. I'm lurking looking for ways to make me a better fisherman! I envy you all that post all these pictures of the big messes of fish! I hope one of these days I will be able to do the same with the knowledge I have gained from all of you on this site. I know already this year ive caught more crappie than I ever have before and I feel like I owe it all to all of you that post reports/information. So from someone who gets way more out of you all's reports than just a spot to fish please dont stop! And if I ever get these fish figured out I will be more than willing to show all of you each and every spot I catch them. I know this is a little off subject but I just wanted everyone to know not all of us "lurkers" are looking for a fishing spot some of us are just looking for the knowledge and thank you to those that give it out!
    Thanks ET Fish, ford man, Fish on Line thanked you for this post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast