Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Springfield Crappie Club Event Schedule

Post Thanks / Like

Default Springfield Crappie Club Event Schedule

For anyone interested, the Springfield Crappie Club has set dates for their Open Buddy events:

March 26 - Sangchris
    May 7 - Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Bill
    I for one would like more information on 'Springfield Crappie Club '. Do they have a website and when/where do they have meetings (if any).

Hope we'll see you at the get together at Pana Feb 12th
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Ranger:

The Spfld Crappie Club has annual dues of $15. We had meeting last sunday to set events for spring. The dates include 2-Open Buddy (Sanchris & Shelbyville), 2-Club events (Shelbyville & Mark Twain).

A meeting will be held in the summer to set dates for fall events, should include at least 1-Open Buddy and 2 Club events.

If enough money is made during the year, the classic is held at the end of the year and is open to all club members, usually held at Shelbyville.

The Mark Twain events are 2 day (Sat & Sun), all other events are one day, held on Saturday. Lots of fun and have some good fisherman. Last year we had a family fish fry in August. Must be resident of Illinois to be member.

Hope to make your meeting in Feb, If enough are interested I could bring info about club.

Sanchris is in my back yard, but son and I fish Shelbyville after water warms in Sanchris. Make several trips to Mark Twain, love to fish that lake is so much different than our local lakes. Thanks for your interest.

Wardy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Billr
    For anyone interested, the Springfield Crappie Club has set dates for their Open Buddy events:

March 26 - Sangchris
    May 7 - Shelbyville
    Assuming you are the "bank man"...... When can we get apps?

Post Thanks / Like

Wardy:

If anyone is interested, e-mail me at [email protected] and I will see that you get an application.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but when I submitted the info on Springfield Crappie Club, I failed to include that since the club was able to make extra money during the year from buddy events, the classic was open to all club members at no cost. In previous years a member had to fish a certain number of events to qualify for the classic.

This year a points system, much like nascar, is going to be instituted for the purpose of determining angler of the year. This should make the angler of the year race very interesting and fun.

Two votes are held annually to determine which lakes the membership wants to fish. Last year club events were held at Clinton (1), Shelbyville (2), Mark Twain (2). Buddy events were Sanchris, Shelbyville and Springfield.

The Classic is held alternating years between Shelbyville and Mark Twain.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info ther Bill

Look forward to meeting you Feb 12th
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville