Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Its Meelllttiinnggggg!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Its Meelllttiinnggggg!!!

Finally, the ice and snow is melting here and the forecast isn't calling for any more. Pretty soon I'll be out getting my own crappie instead of looking at all your pics of them. In fact I'm gonna run around today to all the spots where ice typically melts first and see if there is some open water. Up north here sometimes they school up in the warmer water of those little holes even when the whole rest of the lake is still frozen. Microjig time.

Tapped my maple trees a couple days ago. I am getting about 2 gallons of sap per tap per day. I'll keep boiling till I have about 3 gallons of syrup. Crocuses and daffodils are starting to pop up. Phew finally spring is here!!!!!!!!
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Congradulations!!!
    Back in '93 I moved from 110 degree days in Houston Tx. to Pittsburgh. I thought I had found the paradise; to imidiately go to a high of mid 70. But, I didn't think the trees would ever grow anymore leaves the next Spring. Now here in Little Rock, I think this is the place to be. Trees are already greening up and the dogwoods are starting to bloom. I had to take my cap off and wipe the sweat away too.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

I know GRIZZ, we finally began our iceout this past week as well. I looked at the forcast for the next 10 days and it looks like temps. in the high 50's to the low 60's. Hopefully next weekend I can get out onto my pond and do some fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ
    In fact I'm gonna run around today to all the spots where ice typically melts first and see if there is some open water.

The first thing I thought of when I read this was a little dog being let out the front door, and him running to all his spots in the yard just a sniff'in.
    Joe

-----------------------------
    Still learning this crappie thing.
    -----------------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you GRIZZ, glad to hear you can soon go out and catch some!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you Grizz.
    We had a heck of a rainfall and warm weather on Wed. Almost all the ice is gone now except for the north side of the lakes. Quite a lot of wind from the south blowing it up.

This really sucks!
    I just found out. On Sunday I have to drive about 70 miles for an MRI on my neck. It really looks like a hurry-up surgery. You wouldn't believe the expletives I want to use!
    It wouldn't help though.:o

Anybody like to take an old cripple on a charter???

I'm just jokin,,, I'm not really old.:rolleyes:

Go get um guys!!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LIL' Joe
    The first thing I thought of when I read this was a little dog being let out the front door, and him running to all his spots in the yard just a sniff'in.
    Thats exactly what its like, except its like medicine for me after the wretched end of this winter. I actually did find some open water at Allegany state park at the spillway. One of the spots I do so well on walleyes, smallies, white bass and crappies. The water was roarin over the spillway and the reservoir was up about 15 feet from when I was there a week ago, and the ice was mostly gone from below. I knew there wasn't any fish there but I fished for a couple hours anyways. Sure felt good!
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Dogwoods bloomin' and big crappie spawnin'...that's Arkansas!
    CATCH A BIG-UN

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The last of our snow melted several days ago. The trees are budding, the ground hogs are digging, the robins are foraging and I am heading to the bait shop in 15 minutes!
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004