Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Inflable pfd

Post Thanks / Like

Default Inflable pfd

Ok guys, what does the numbers mean? I'm bout 200 lbs so which do I need? And what's most comfortable ?

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it really depends on the manufacturer or where it is sold. I own 2500 series from cabelas and I know they are rated for more than 250lbs. They also have a 3500 series. Mine is comfortable enough to where I have it on all day without knowing it.

Make sure it is a type I or II and not IV. Federal USCG law allows inflatables (worn or not) to count as long as they meet the same type requirements. IV vests only count if worn.

That said, some states require an inflatable to be worn in order to count. They are slowly moving from that with the new USCG requirements but check your state to make sure.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I asked my wife which one I needed and she said to figure out how to wear a life raft. I don't think I like her right now.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    I asked my wife which one I needed and she said to figure out how to wear a life raft. I don't think I like her right now.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post
    I guess it really depends on the manufacturer or where it is sold. I own 2500 series from cabelas and I know they are rated for more than 250lbs. They also have a 3500 series. Mine is comfortable enough to where I have it on all day without knowing it.

Make sure it is a type I or II and not IV. Federal USCG law allows inflatables (worn or not) to count as long as they meet the same type requirements. IV vests only count if worn.

That said, some states require an inflatable to be worn in order to count. They are slowly moving from that with the new USCG requirements but check your state to make sure.
    WEAR IT NO MATTER WHAT, YOUR LIFE MIGHT DEPEND ON IT SOMETIME WHEN YOU LEAST THINK ABOUT IT !!
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-10-2018 at 12:46 PM.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=wannabe fisherman;3611933]
    Quote Originally Posted by wicklundrh View Post

That said, some states require an inflatable to be worn in order to count. They are slowly moving from that with the new USCG requirements but check your state to make sure.[/QUOTE)

WEAR IT NO MATTER WHAT, YOUR LIFE MIGHT DEPEND ON IT SOMETIME WHEN YOU LEAST THINK ABOUT IT !!
    I wear mine all the time. Tournament fishing really turned me on to it. Got used to doing it because I had to. Now am naked without it. Nobody runs in my boat over idle speed without it or when the the temp is below 40 or rain, snow, and slick conditions any time.
    Likes Dollfly, wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

silverside is online now Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Maybe out wives are sister. I asked mine what she wanted for her birthday. Cordless drill and 1 bit. Puzzled I asked what size bit. She said big enough to let water inInflable pfd

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes skeetbum, skunked again LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverside View Post
    Maybe out wives are sister. I asked mine what she wanted for her birthday. Cordless drill and 1 bit. Puzzled I asked what size bit. She said big enough to let water inInflable pfd

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Was that after she checked the life insurance policy??
    Drinkin coffee, missin fish.
    Likes silverside LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered the Cabelas tourney 4000 it should work for me at 250 I hope. lol
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER