PDA

View Full Version : Inflable pfd

johndeere5045
04-09-2018, 04:04 PM
Ok guys, what does the numbers mean? I'm bout 200 lbs so which do I need? And what's most comfortable ?

wicklundrh
04-09-2018, 05:41 PM
I guess it really depends on the manufacturer or where it is sold. I own 2500 series from cabelas and I know they are rated for more than 250lbs. They also have a 3500 series. Mine is comfortable enough to where I have it on all day without knowing it.

Make sure it is a type I or II and not IV. Federal USCG law allows inflatables (worn or not) to count as long as they meet the same type requirements. IV vests only count if worn.

That said, some states require an inflatable to be worn in order to count. They are slowly moving from that with the new USCG requirements but check your state to make sure.

skeetbum
04-09-2018, 06:39 PM
I asked my wife which one I needed and she said to figure out how to wear a life raft. I don't think I like her right now.

ET Fish
04-09-2018, 06:46 PM
I asked my wife which one I needed and she said to figure out how to wear a life raft. I don't think I like her right now.
:Rofl

wannabe fisherman
04-10-2018, 05:21 AM
I guess it really depends on the manufacturer or where it is sold. I own 2500 series from cabelas and I know they are rated for more than 250lbs. They also have a 3500 series. Mine is comfortable enough to where I have it on all day without knowing it.

Make sure it is a type I or II and not IV. Federal USCG law allows inflatables (worn or not) to count as long as they meet the same type requirements. IV vests only count if worn.

That said, some states require an inflatable to be worn in order to count. They are slowly moving from that with the new USCG requirements but check your state to make sure.

WEAR IT NO MATTER WHAT, YOUR LIFE MIGHT DEPEND ON IT SOMETIME WHEN YOU LEAST THINK ABOUT IT !!

wicklundrh
04-10-2018, 06:26 AM
[QUOTE=wicklundrh;3611539]I guess it really depends on the manufacturer or where it is sold. I own 2500 series from cabelas and I know they are rated for more than 250lbs. They also have a 3500 series. Mine is comfortable enough to where I have it on all day without knowing it.

That said, some states require an inflatable to be worn in order to count. They are slowly moving from that with the new USCG requirements but check your state to make sure.[/QUOTE)

WEAR IT NO MATTER WHAT, YOUR LIFE MIGHT DEPEND ON IT SOMETIME WHEN YOU LEAST THINK ABOUT IT !!

I wear mine all the time. Tournament fishing really turned me on to it. Got used to doing it because I had to. Now am naked without it. Nobody runs in my boat over idle speed without it or when the the temp is below 40 or rain, snow, and slick conditions any time.

silverside
04-10-2018, 12:01 PM
I asked my wife which one I needed and she said to figure out how to wear a life raft. I don't think I like her right now.Maybe out wives are sister. I asked mine what she wanted for her birthday. Cordless drill and 1 bit. Puzzled I asked what size bit. She said big enough to let water in[emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

skunked again
04-11-2018, 09:36 AM
Maybe out wives are sister. I asked mine what she wanted for her birthday. Cordless drill and 1 bit. Puzzled I asked what size bit. She said big enough to let water in[emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87936)

Was that after she checked the life insurance policy??

Tn Johnboy
04-11-2018, 09:47 AM
I just ordered the Cabelas tourney 4000 it should work for me at 250 I hope. lol