Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just Lucky

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Lucky

Some folks are I think and then there are some that plan to be lucky . Many moons ago when I hunted with a bunch of friends one weekend on a bring your buds weekend at a ranch I leased, I managed a lot of game . I was in the collection mode to donate to the less "lucky" ones in our group . I took 2 turkey gobblers and 2 does and a really large bobcat for a full body mount a bud wanted to have done . One in the group said to me "man are you lucky or what "? I said "brother I am not just lucky , I plan to be lucky " . I went on to explain the amount of preparation and scouting and etc . that I did to ensure productive outcomes .
    So you see I am not "just lucky" I plan and scout and use tools at my disposal to ensure a desirable outcome if possible . So here goes my just lucky lunch break adventure on Friday . First off I wear my "lucky" crappie.com shirt .....
    Next I think where could I find a few slabs in a short period of time ? None of the spots I have been to lately are giving them up and its time to dig deep and think hard . Where oh where could they be in this here terrible wind we had that day ? And then the light bulb goes off ! I know a spot that fish stage in before and after the spawn and its very sheltered and its not far from somewhere I have to be before lunch break .
    I amble down the steep bank to see a guy there and about 15 seconds after I say hello and he is jerking out a dandy female white crappie . Well he isn't a real crappie person but to be sure he is lucky on that one is my thoughts as I watch him a bit . The next part of the story goes right quickly as I drop my jigs and figure out what they like as I am pretty sure watching him if he managed one the way he is fishing there are tons of them right under us .
    Sure enough bunches of real dandy white crappie prespawn females all stacked up and in a bad mood and fighting like black bass when you hook them .
    The first few bit a natural color and I changed over to my killer ketchn karrot because I know from past visits to this lake its a jig to be dropping this time of year and wore out all them big girl lips right fast . About 8 to 9 foot down in 10 to 11 foot of water and they would whack it like they meant it and they even began to chip the paint off the jighead with the slams they applied to the karrot ! Sure made me smile to give him all them big slabs and he was in somewhat of a panic mode stringing while I was slinging .....heck one really nice one even face slapped him and got out of his hands to go back to what she was doing before I interrupted her .
    stay tuned but don't stay thirsty yawl
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes ET Fish, scrat, S10CHEVY, ad1974 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Some nice fish and good pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Neat pictures.
    If we did what was most important in life there would be a shortage of Bibles.................and fishing poles

Post Thanks / Like

Nice ones!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Great job.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Great report nice crappie.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Love it when a plan works. Good post and some really nice fish.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice!

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you were on them! Nice post, thanks for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow they are some big ones