Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Can I night fish?

panthorq Guest

Default Can I night fish?

Ok well I love to catch crappie and bluegill. And my question is, can I catch them at 3:00 AM to 5:00 AM in the morning?

The reason: It's catch and release, oh know... Even worse, well almost, you cant use a net of any kind... I use cast nets though all the time for shad though hehe.

I go in in middle of the night to cast net fish, and to keep my catch.

Why would I not just do it in the day? Because it's a high school pond... Always people walking by. But the pong has 5 - 8 lb bass in it and 1 - 2 lb crappie in it, no catfish over 3lb though sadly.

But anyways I'm bad I know lol, but can I catch bluegill and crappie ( mostly bluegill ) at night?

I'm mainly leaning towards bluegill fishing with night crawlers though.

Thanks so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Hey GRIZZ

deleted
    Last edited by pescatore; 12-14-2008 at 07:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I did last night Pesc, but my dsl went down in the middle of me writing it, so I saved my reply and I am posting it now.

Quote Originally Posted by panthorq
    I go in in middle of the night to cast net fish, and to keep my catch.

Why would I not just do it in the day? Because it's a high school pond... Always people walking by. But the pong has 5 - 8 lb bass in it and 1 - 2 lb crappie in it, no catfish over 3lb though sadly.

But anyways I'm bad I know lol, but can I catch bluegill and crappie ( mostly bluegill ) at night?

I'm mainly leaning towards bluegill fishing with night crawlers though.

Thanks so much.
    I hope you mean this to be "I go in middle of the night to cast net bait fish, and to keep my catch I get with rod and reel." otherwise your poaching from the sound of what you said the regulations are there. Actually, even that would be poaching if you don't have permission to be there.

I went to a college in OH that had a nice big 600 yrd long pond full of fish, and with all the city slicker students there I was the only one out of about 2000 that fished that pond. I would go out after class with students walking past me and fish. When I got something big a sizable crowd would gather to watch. It was kinda fun. I suggest you find someone to ask permission to fish there and keep a few fish. I'd suggest its healthy to thin the herd once in a while.

If they say no and you go there and net fish at night and keep them, its breaking the law and your asking for trouble. Netting sport fish is illegal anyways. I don't know how old you are, but I know as a youth I sneaked onto a few places to fish I wasn't supposed to, so I'm not trying to be holier than thou, but I'd suggest trying to do it the correct way. You might be surprised and get permission.

I have worked hard at cultivation good will with land owners over the years by being considerate of their rights and land. It has kept me in the good graces of people who own lots of good fishing spots where I know I'm the only non family member who is allowed to fish. Just be polite and a little forward. Yak with them a little and prove you have manners and are not an axe murderer. Chances they will let you fish.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 03-23-2007 at 11:23 AM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Default response by Grizz

deleted
    Last edited by pescatore; 12-14-2008 at 07:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

uhhhh...Grizz, you did such a good job, I think I'm just going to leave it at that. Sounds a little "fishy" to me though. Well one question, where are you from?

Post Thanks / Like

Great response Grizz

NJcrappie Guest

troll??? This kind of post sounds like someone trying to stir things up. You know you shouldn't post about poaching.
    Last edited by NJcrappie; 03-24-2007 at 05:17 PM.