Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Great fishin' night!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Great fishin' night!

Well tonight I caught my limit of 15 crappie and a wall sized largemouth. The dern thing broke the tip of my rod and nearly straighten my leadhead hook. That is the first bass over 2lbs I've ever caught!

Well back to the crappie, they were bitin' a heckofalot more then last night and I didn't get to go runnin' around with the net in the water this time but I aim to proove that scarin' the bait fish off the bank to deeper water works or doesn't. I'll have pictures up tomorrow of my catch.
    Hopefully tomorrow night will be just as good if not better!

I've been using a 1/16oz black jighead black body with solid chartreuse tailed tube. Right now just about anything with chartreuse works good. I'm off the TN river right around Harrison Bay.
    He that does the truth comes into the light
    Free the people through music!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Like to hear how that turns out. Congrats on the catch!

Post Thanks / Like

I am trying to learn the night fishin deal. Are you using a light? How are you setting up?
    Brian

Will fish for food!

Post Thanks / Like

Default March 24

Well I forgot to take pictures of last nights catch but I have 2 from tonight. 10 crappie and all over 12in. and one big ol' catfish that fought for 15 minutes on 4lb test. Oh yeah and a stripe is in there to. Third pic is from a week ago.

pictures aren't that great from a phone.

"I am trying to learn the night fishin deal. Are you using a light? How are you setting up?" - beenfishin?

I fish at a floating dock with 2 small street lights on them. Most of the time the baitfish are on the bank and the crappie are around 10-15ft out stalking them. To me the lights just help me see whats going on, not attract any fish. Maybe that's because the lights aren't right on top of the water though. If your fishing from a boat I guess it would be a good idea, I'm on the bank so I don't have a way to hang a light.

I really don't have a set up just my fishin' pole and a chartreuse tailed tube. Catchem' in pitch black or the glow of a street light.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by kamikaze82; 03-24-2007 at 12:46 AM.
    He that does the truth comes into the light
    Free the people through music!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats looks like a nice catch.Thats a good size kitty on 4lb test.Good job