Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Slowly but surely

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slowly but surely

This year in our area of Texas the spawn has got all the local crappie folks stumped beyond imagination , myself included .The traditional spots and patterns went right out the window and many great crappie anglers are scratching their heads and wanting the spawn to just pass on by . I for one haven't figured it out and am finding them quite spotty and not in large numbers and not to many large specimens either .
    Now mind you I aint like a lot of the folks that said the heck with em till May or so and am keeping after them things rain or shine ,day and night . My time is limited on my adventures with lots of irons in the fire , but I am still getting out some here and there .
    I keep records and have used them over and over to try and help me find them and still am not finding much of anything to be like the previous years . We normally have been on big fish a while by this time and in numerous locations and to sure its been really tough frequently to just not get skunked .
    I have found a few finally in the dark in recent days though and to be sure when we went out this week we had a pretty good time and managed a fair number of crappie up tight to the bank in the dark . Both boys and girls were in close together . Worthy of mention was one big ole female fish SK got up in the grass after a tussle and the numbers I managed were good in comparison to most trips the last few weeks .
    I hear tell in some lakes the fish are already done and moving back out into the main lake programs in some of our eastern lakes and I think in lots of spots here we might just see similar conditions this year as they seem to running and gunning this spawn from week to week and day to day . They just don't want to set up and stay tight to the bank long and I am sure lots of fish have a spawn or 2 under the belts already .
    Anyway here are a few photos from our latest adventure and we were out from about 8 30 to 11 30 pm a couple of nights ago .
    stay tuned , but don't stay thirsty
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes ET Fish, JD1, hdhntr, S10CHEVY, ad1974, WessV LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

They are being sneaky this year!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

Ketchn—you just described Lake Austin. We are not finding them in the shallows yet and the occasional ones we catch on brushpiles don’t have fully developed egg sacs. Here is a white and a black in his tuxedo.Name:  IMG_0171.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  120.1 KBName:  IMG_0170.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  123.7 KB

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes hdhntr, S10CHEVY, WessV LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

never tried fishing at night during spawn, thanks for the tip Outlaw.

Post Thanks / Like

It has been unusual in my area to. Lots of cold fronts and the fish don't know what to do

Sent from my SM-G930V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

That was a very well written report Ketchn.