Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Center Hill Lake crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Center Hill Lake crappie.

Had doctor visit this morning but after that headed out to Center Hill Lake to do a little bank fishing. It was a post cold front.....windy...bluebird day at the lake. If there was ever a time to fish a Trout Magnet for crappie today was the day....meaning usually after a cold front a smaller lure works better. I tried twitching and lost 3 fish in quick order...had a left to right wind and a 10 foot bow in my line. I lost those fish in 3 feet of water. Time to fish the TM under a float. I put on an PanFish EZ Float and set depth at about 2 feet. The crappie were holding on chunk rock....not 4 feet off the bank. Used a Bison colored Trout Magnet with a chartreuse 1/64 ounce TM jig head....line was SOS 2# test and rod was Tict Ice Cube Rockin’ Drift 6’9” UL Mebaru UL. I ended up with 10 black nose crappie all in the same year class.....12-13 inches. For those who have never fought a 12 inch or better black nose out of Center Hill using 2# test line and an UL rod it is a real treat. The water was really stained in the pocket I was in but out on the main lake the water was clear. I did not keep any fish today as my son and I are fishing in the morning.....going with my nephew Friday.....and going back again hopefully on Sunday. So Saturday will be a fish cleaning day if all goes as planned. The good news is those crappie today...while full of eggs....are not in spawning colors. So they should be around a couple of more weeks...hopefully. I have fished this spot from the bank for many years....most of the time the crappie return to same spot year after year. Lot of fun today......Life is good!

RegardsName:  IMG_1069.jpg
Views: 1935
Size:  179.2 KBName:  IMG_1068.jpg
Views: 1530
Size:  176.3 KB

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Nice crappie. Thanks for sharing the report and pictures.
    Be safe and good luck fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Great report and excellent crappie!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking fish! Boy do those crappie look healthy!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Alphahawk for the report, I too will be On Center Hill Saturday. Great Falls is super muddy today. Hope it don't muddy Center Hill too much for this Saturday

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome trip and report!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk