HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kidde Fire Extinguisher Recall

Just wanted to let everybody know that Kidde has a big recall on there fire extinguisher's
    Called them today and 2 of mine that I keep in the boat is on the recall list.
    You can call them if you own one or go to there website to see if your's is affected.
    The number is 855-271-0773
    Likes timd3200 LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by striperking View Post
    Just wanted to let everybody know that Kidde has a big recall on there fire extinguisher's
    Called them today and 2 of mine that I keep in the boat is on the recall list.
    You can call them if you own one or go to there website to see if your's is affected.
    The number is 855-271-0773
    Yes .... we have a sticky at the top of the page : http://www.crappie.com/crappie/main-...ishers-recall/

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck talking to them . They wanted me to buy into a product voucher plan worth 100.00 for 1.99 . I was going to have to listen to the whole spill before they would take replacement over phone . Also they would not tell me who pays shipping of old unit back to them , ONLY THAT IT HAS TO BE SHIPPED BACK . Think I will just buy another .
    Thanks armyman thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads-up, Curtis! I won't fool with 'em either!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes" Unknown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eagle 1 View Post
    Good luck talking to them . They wanted me to buy into a product voucher plan worth 100.00 for 1.99 . I was going to have to listen to the whole spill before they would take replacement over phone . Also they would not tell me who pays shipping of old unit back to them , ONLY THAT IT HAS TO BE SHIPPED BACK . Think I will just buy another .
    Received my replacement in two weeks, returned old one back in the package new one came in, shipping was prepaid.

Goodluck
    What time is it? IT'S CRAPPIE TIME!
    Likes "G", JET4, Spaceman LIKED above post

Spaceman is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had two on the recall. Submitted early when the recall started. Early on, Kidde was not very organized and did not provide very good documentation indicating they received both recalled extinguishers on one submission.

Calling was no help. Kidde did come through though. I received both replacements, separately about a week apart.

Some in my office also submitted for the recall, and heard nothing. They then resubmitted roughly Jan-18 and received theirs within two weeks.

Hope you have better luck!
    Triton 190FS, 200hp Optimax, HB 798C HD & War Eagle 548LDV, HiTek, 30hp Mercury, HB 998C HD
    Fishing is a privilege...catching is a bonus. Enjoy each precious moment we have to experience our great outdoors!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I might give 'em a try. Mine is in my 2016 camper. From my past experience with small fire extinguishers, they look kinda cheap built....but we'll see.
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes" Unknown