Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Mississinewa Park?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mississinewa Park?

Thinking of taking a road trip from Angola, is the launch open now, and can a guy get a boat in? Any one been fishing the lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Not been there for while so not sure about the bite. It's almost to summer pool from all the rain and probably muddy. Probably get a boat in at Red bridge for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

The Mississinewa river is over its banks, pretty sure the resivior is flooded,

Post Thanks / Like

as 4/4 6am lake was near summer pool and pulling 1140 cfps threw the dam if lake keeps rising red bridge ramp would be the safest place to launch watch out for derbis lake has been 10' over summer pool a few weeks ago I'm sure there is tons of stuff floating

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing in lake was good last 2 weeks. Caught several nice messes. Had a really good day on good friday. Kept 37 between my buddy and I, all 10-12 inchers. Caught them off the bank fishing a ledge about 9 foot deep up near slocum. Water rose almost 4 feet that day as we fished from the rain the day before. Rocks i was standing on in the morning were completely submerged and not visible by the time we left. Went back on easter in the cold and wind and lake was up another 3 foot but still under summer pool, kept 17 but a tougher bite. Now after this latest rain on tuesday i would say lake will be a mess for a good while. Spillway is basically shut off as of this afternoon and lake already a good 6 feet over summer pool and will just continue to rise as long as spillway is shut off. Hopefully this isnt another rerun of last year where the lake flooded mid april and never got back down to a decent level until summer.
    Likes cevans LIKED above post

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent report.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you I did not go yeat, I was thinking with the rain it would be a mess for a while.