HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raccoon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Raccoon

Wont be fishing Raccoon anytime soon, water is way up and looks like straight mud..
    so far this spring sucks.

Post Thanks / Like

I will be fishing it the 19th for a couple of days. We already payed for the cabin. I see it is already above summer pool. Will they lower the level again? Has anybody fished it this year?

Post Thanks / Like

lean to take advantage of that muddy waters ability to soak up solar heat. a good sunny day will find them heading towards it. good time for safety pin spinner run threw shallows in the mid afternoon. or go catfishing. haha
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

yeah they will lower it back down to summer pool or below a bit if we don't get anymore rain..supposed to snow 1-3 in tomorrow night then start raining again Monday.

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

12.2 ft above summer pool and still rising

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

going to be one of those years, spring fishing is going to suck it looks like or at least early spring.

Post Thanks / Like

We are looking at going some where else because of the water level at Raccoon. Anybody know where we might go to catch some crappie and rent a cabin from the 19th to the 22nd around central Indiana?

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in Indiana, I bet every resivour is going to be letting out depending on how much rain we get between now and then. Every one is also muddy. However,, we get warm weather middle of next week finally and fishing is going to cut loose finally. It’s all a guessing game to me right now as lakes are still going up as they are still holding water as rivers won’t even crest until middle to latter next week. Just get out and fish where ever. Here is your links to rivers and lakes.

https://water.weather.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=IND

Louisville District Daily Lake Report

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"
    Thanks funfishers thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingfreak View Post
    We are looking at going some where else because of the water level at Raccoon. Anybody know where we might go to catch some crappie and rent a cabin from the 19th to the 22nd around central Indiana?
    Might want to look South like the north end of KY Lake or Barkley. I may go to Barkley couple of days late next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys for responding. I think we are going to stick with Raccoon Lake. it is still 13 ft above summer pool. To me, its all about water clairity. I think we will catch fish if its not very muddy. Hopefully the lake has settled a bit. I am going with an uncle, a brother and a couple of nephews so its not all about fishing if you know what I mean. I hope I stay sober enough to remember the trip. lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast